Windows 10: What happened to Windows Security?

Discus and support What happened to Windows Security? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently was trying to reset my Windows firewall to default and when I went into Windows Security, I was greeted by this:How can I fix this? And how... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ilya MS, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Ilya MS Win User

What happened to Windows Security?

I recently was trying to reset my Windows firewall to default and when I went into Windows Security, I was greeted by this:How can I fix this? And how did this happen in the first place?

:)

Ilya MS, Jun 11, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 11, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jun 11, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. What happened to Windows Security? - Similar Threads - happened Security

2. Can't open Windows security. After I click on this, nothing happen. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open Windows security. After I click on this, nothing happen. Any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tavibobe99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/miigvg/cant_open_windows_security_after_i_click_on_this/
  3. The Windows security is inaccessible. Happened after I uninstalled the pesky SAntivirus....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows security is inaccessible. Happened after I uninstalled the pesky SAntivirus....: The Windows security is inaccessible. Happened after I uninstalled the pesky SAntivirus. Please help :( submitted by /u/providence_p [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhm9pm/the_windows_security_is_inaccessible_happened/
  4. Did MS change how Windows security updates happen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Did MS change how Windows security updates happen?: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041-572) I am new to Windows 10 so please bear with me. Did MS change Windows security updates happen? It appears that Windows update and Windows Security updates have separate checks and downloads. Windows security updates ppear to be separated...
  5. Kernel Security Check Failure after recent updates, happened twice so far.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check Failure after recent updates, happened twice so far.: After the most recent restart to my computer (Ryzen 2600x, 32 GB 3200MHz Corsair LPX DDR4, MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard, MSI Armor MKII RX 580) I've gotten BSOD twice, both times for kernel security check failure. I've never run into this issue before and am very...
  6. Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot?

Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot?: Hello, i was wondering if anything bad will happen to my laptop if i turn off secure boot, i'm quite worried that if i do my laptop will get ruined. Any advice would be helpful!. * Moved from insider...
  7. What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7?

What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7?: What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7? * Original title: windows 7 ends support * Moved from Windows 7/Updates...
  8. Wifi 'No Internet - Secured'; reconnection solves issue, but happens every time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 'No Internet - Secured'; reconnection solves issue, but happens every time: I've just upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I'm using an Edimax EW-7811 USB Wifi Dongle, which worked fine on Win7. I'm connecting to a Netgear N300 Wifi Range Extender, which also worked fine on Win7. When I boot up my computer, the internet connects via these means for...
  9. Had a weird thing happen. "Configuring security settings"

Had a weird thing happen. "Configuring security settings": Running Windows 10 Pro, latest version. I wasn't really doing anything unusual, just watching a boring Youtube video. The computer freezes up--like in the old days. Totally frozen. I haven't had a total freeze up since XP, like over 3 years ago. Neither the kb nor the...
  10. Error happened during application of security

in Windows 10 Support
    Error happened during application of security: Hello, First i'm sorry for any mistakes that i'll make about my english, i'm french ! So, i got a hard disk which is infected by some virus, i put it on my computer to try to save data. But when i try to save, i got an error message that talk about security so i tried to...