Windows 10: What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset

Discus and support What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community, last night I was browsing the internet and when I closed my browser, I got the following screen ... [ATTACH] Then I restart my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BINOYGHOSH, Oct 14, 2020.

1. What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset

Hello community, last night I was browsing the internet and when I closed my browser, I got the following screen ...

What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset 70be95a6-179e-42d0-9223-436f058e0e21?upload=true.png

Then I restart my PC and found My OneDrive folder is empty. There's nothing in onedrive and then I access my ondrive from my browser and found all the files are inRecycle Bin. So, I restored all of them. How is this possible? I didn't find any logic. Also as you can see MS Edge logo has gone from Taskbar. Then I open apps like: Brave, MS Edge, Whatsapp Desktop, Telegram Desktop, Firefox etc. all of them and they looks like, I just install them, showing Welcome pages. Whatsapp & Telegram's login data gone and asking me to set up them again.

Finally I found some apps are in Recently added list, like: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel. I know they are Web apps of MS Office. But their logo is different from original Word or Excel. But they were already in my computer. Now they have two in my PC like: Excel & Excel 1, Word & Word 1, like that. Here the screenshots what I'm talking about...

What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset 21fb144e-34d9-46b9-9bd5-2a3d85c400b3?upload=true.png

What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset d32d505d-cbb6-4b2a-873d-18161afd6cbb?upload=true.png

Also, my profile image from MS Account in setting has gone. I logged out and login again, but still the issue is same.

What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset 45d1bae0-acde-4ea3-9fc0-e94864096f71?upload=true.png

Something wrong with my PC. I want to know what happened to my PC. What are the possible reasons? Any help appreciated.

:)

BINOYGHOSH, Oct 14, 2020

2. N9 wallpapers are gone

A few days ago, I noticed that all my wallpapers are gone but the one I selected. Neither the Settings -> Wallpapers nor the Gallery section contains them but i was able to Download them. Is it somehow possible to get them back in the Settings -> Wallpaper
    section? I aleady tried the simpliest way, I connected my device to my computer and copied them to the phone, but taht does not lead to the desired solution. My next step was to get access via ssh and find the folder where the wallpapers actually are stored
    in. Both times, no success. I even reset the N9 to factory due to other minor inconsistencies, this morning. Again, no success. Now I'm at a loss what to do next, does anyone have the same problem or does someone have a solution for this for example the wallpaer
    folder on the phone or maybe an easier way to get them back.

Marta_---01, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 14, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset

1. What Happened? - Wallpaper Has Gone & All Apps Has Been Reset - Similar Threads - Happened Wallpaper Has

2. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What has happened?: I've exhausted every step known to man. This is a fresh install of windows 10 and this is how it installed. It will not detect hardware and it will not accept the manufacturers drivers....
  3. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has happened?: I've exhausted every step known to man. This is a fresh install of windows 10 and this is how it installed. It will not detect hardware and it will not accept the manufacturers drivers....
  4. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. This has been happening to my tablet since the last update. All websites all apps if it's a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This has been happening to my tablet since the last update. All websites all apps if it's a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/godxgrimm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mh01iu/this_has_been_happening_to_my_tablet_since_the/
  6. Bing Wallpaper on start up has gone?

Bing Wallpaper on start up has gone?: When i start the PC sometimes i am redirected by Edge to Bing and loads of wallpaper pictures that i like to download I do not use Edge or Bing i use Chrome and Google but didnt mind this because the wallpaper scenes are stunning Over the last few days i am met with a...
  7. What on Earth has happened?

What on Earth has happened?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mattcfo1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9xjqo/what_on_earth_has_happened/
  8. This app has been blocked...What app?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This app has been blocked...What app?: In looking at the protection history in windows security I see a number of notations that say "This app has been blocked" with a date and time. The problem is, I have no idea what app has been blocked. When I hit the down arrow I am asked for permission to let the app make...
  9. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???: After a recent update Cortana dies not work like it use to before the update. My laptop has windows 10 pro installed on it. Windows 10 pro is up to date. I have reset my pc but this did not fix the issue with Cortana. I wish I had not have reset windows 10. I lost some...
  10. What has happened to Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What has happened to Windows?: I don't understand what is going on at Microsoft. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 about 2 years ago and initially I thought all was great. Now, with each new Windows 10 update, my high end laptop becomes more like an expensive paperweight. I cannot permanently...