Windows 10: What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd

Discus and support What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I first used net user "username" /delete command to delete the only user from the win 10 desktop. And then when I sign out to sign in again, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Book Of Flames, Aug 23, 2021.

1. What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd

I first used net user "username" /delete command to delete the only user from the win 10 desktop. And then when I sign out to sign in again, my password isn't being taken. Rather when I try to reset my password, it shows to use a password reset disk. What should I do?

:)

Book Of Flames, Aug 23, 2021
  2. Jatin1234 Win User

How to recover Deleted user and its files in WIndows 10 ?

Recently I was trying to remove local account from my pc (Windows 10 Home)
    And I Google it out Microsoft official was showing steps to delete local user,
    But , I accidently deleted my main user account which I use With all the files in it and every thing in it
    And this whole process was done through CMD (mentioned below)

Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt
    Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).
    Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.
    Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

[/I]After doing When I Restarted my pc I was unable to login
    Some how I created new user and login to My pc
    But all my main data in user folder and all the setting, tweaks, ect.. are gone
    Is there any way to recover my deleted user account so that I can get all my data back.

If Yes What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd :) How ?
    If No, *Sad is there any other way to get my all setting and theme back
    * My Sync your setting was on previously

Thanks in advance

Jatin1234, Aug 23, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Aug 23, 2021
  4. What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd

How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd

1. What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd - Similar Threads - happened deleted user

2. What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?: I want to delete my Microsoft account, but I'm unsure of what will happen with my PC since it runs on Windows. What will happen with all my files? Will i get locked out?...
  3. What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?: I want to delete my Microsoft account, but I'm unsure of what will happen with my PC since it runs on Windows. What will happen with all my files? Will i get locked out?...
  4. What happens when using "Permanently delete" function in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens when using "Permanently delete" function in Windows?: I was recently asked about this function by an End User and could not find an explicit technical answer. I'd lean to it probably meaning that it by-passes the Recycle bin... wanted to confirm that something more is not being done in the background, like file overwrite or...
  5. what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?: what happens when i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-when-i-enter-rd-s-q-c-on-cmd/09ad5c4a-1504-4ec4-ab36-812a477f9bf1
  6. What happens if I delete 'EnableSmartScreen' from registry?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens if I delete 'EnableSmartScreen' from registry?: If I delete 'EnableSmartScreen' from registry will it affect windows commutative update? Or will it couse any other problems? Please answer....
  7. what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...: Hello. I am a new windows user. Right now I am thinking of freeing some space from my local disk. But not sure which folders should I delete. That's why I am asking you guys. I am repeating my question again. What happens if I delete the "Program files x86", "program files"...
  8. What happens to local Windows 10 user profile, when machine is disconnected from work or...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens to local Windows 10 user profile, when machine is disconnected from work or...: We have a user with a machine that is currently connected to a corporate Azure AD account, and that account is the one their primary desktop profile is associated with. If we Disconnect the computer from that Azure AD account, will the user still be able to get into that...
  9. What happens to W10 Users Desktop Items when their Profile is deleted?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What happens to W10 Users Desktop Items when their Profile is deleted?: I need to delete two older User Names / Desktops. There are some items that we would like to keep / maintain. Is it possible to retain these Windows 10 Desktop Items / Icons? 150562
  10. What happens if you type - into cmd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if you type - into cmd?: My friend somehow crashed my computer this way. What happened? PS he isn't my friend anymore submitted by /u/Bulbasheen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwldrw/what_happens_if_you_type_into_cmd/