Windows 10: What happened?

Discus and support What happened? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It was running fine just yesterday...How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sushruth_944, Sep 13, 2021.

1. What happened?

It was running fine just yesterday...How can I fix this?

:)

Sushruth_944, Sep 13, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 13, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 13, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

What happened?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

What happened?

1. What happened? - Similar Threads - happened

2. I've just been told by MS Support to use OneDrive to share files, what happened to networking?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've just been told by MS Support to use OneDrive to share files, what happened to networking?: I had been using networking to share files between the computers on my home network since MS brought out Windows for Workgroups in the 1990s. Last Winter Windows update installed a new version of Windows 10 on my desktop machine and since then networking hasn't worked...
  3. Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens: After a quick scan told me that there were threats, I did a full scan. It showed me 2 threats that have the same name: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml. Obviously the next course of action is to get rid of the threat, so I go to click "Start actions" and once I do it disappears,...
  4. BSOD happening daily, even at the hour on a brand new gaming laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happening daily, even at the hour on a brand new gaming laptop: I have tried everything online to fix this. I really need an expert who knows what the hell they're talking about.My laptop is an Asus Rog Strix G15. 16 GBs of RAM, Core i7-10750H 2.60 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Ti.I have tried:- Updating all drivers with a third driver...
  5. BSOD keeps happening while gaming

BSOD keeps happening while gaming: The last couple of says my computer keeps having a BSOD for a Irql not less or equal error code. I attempted to use WinDBG to find the answer but when I look up the errors I'm getting I can't find any other post with a similar error. Below I will paste the results of my...
  6. what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?: what happens when i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-when-i-enter-rd-s-q-c-on-cmd/09ad5c4a-1504-4ec4-ab36-812a477f9bf1
  7. What happened to Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happened to Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview?: Hi folks. I'm trying to find the Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview download but all links that reference it Main on is https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64 only provide Windows 11 ARM now. Can't find the Windows 10 ARM download anywhere....
  8. Muting doesn't prevent "silent sound" from happening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muting doesn't prevent "silent sound" from happening: I know this sounds like a weird question. Pun intended.Hello,I'm using a bluetooth headset that has the ability to connect to several devices at once. Which is great.Only sound from 1 device can be played at a time, which is great because when I get a call on either device,...
  9. Bluetooth mouse causes Bluetooth driver to crash. How do I stop that from happening?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse causes Bluetooth driver to crash. How do I stop that from happening?: This is a problem that started occurring recently.Whenever I connect my Bluetooth mouse to my laptop, after a few minutes of use, it causes all of the Bluetooth functionalities of said laptop to shut down. All connected Bluetooth accessories headset, phone, mouse etc. get...
  10. Weird things happening to my PC

Weird things happening to my PC: Hello, I would like to talk about the weird things that have been happening to my PC.Yesterday, my PC turned off because of low battery, and then while it's turned off, the CD tray just randomly opens, but this only happened one time yesterday, it just happened right now...