Windows 10: what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...

Discus and support what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I am a new windows user. Right now I am thinking of freeing some space from my local disk. But not sure which folders should I delete. That's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FMHasan, Oct 18, 2020.

1. FMHasan Win User

what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...

Hello. I am a new windows user. Right now I am thinking of freeing some space from my local disk. But not sure which folders should I delete. That's why I am asking you guys. I am repeating my question again. What happens if I delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from my hard disk? Please answer my question!

:)

FMHasan, Oct 18, 2020
  2. KentEnnis Win User

Program Files (x86) (x86)

I have folders for program files, program files (x86) and program files (x86) (x86). Believe the program files (x86) (x86) is based on loading an incompatible Lexmark printer software as the only folder within is Lexmark 3500-4500 series. Tried to delete
    folder but states "action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. I have uninstalled all associated printer/software from system but can't seem to delete this folder. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thx

KentEnnis, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Delete Programs Files or Program Files(x86)?

how to delete program files (x86)

RahulBisht07, Oct 18, 2020
  4. what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...

Can't delete a folder within Program Files (x86)

Hi Nicholas,

You should be able to take ownership of certain files and folders if your user account has administrative privileges. If your current and built-in administrator account cannot delete a file inside the Program Files (x86), you can try creating another administrator
    user account which you will use to take ownership of the said folder. To do so, you can follow the steps below:

• Create a new administrator account by doing the steps in this
      article
    • Right-click on the Program Files (x86) folder, select
      Properties
      , then Security.
    • Select the Advanced button to open Advanced Security Settings
      window.
    • Click the Change link beside the Owner field.
    • Select the Advanced button.
    • Click the Find Now button on the Select User or Group page.
    • Select your user account, then click OK.
    • Click OK on the Select User or Group page.
    • Click Apply, then hit OK three times.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box, then click
      OK.

Update us if that addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...

1. what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from... - Similar Threads - happens delete Program

2. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?: My laptop is a 64 bit, I noticed that some of my apps folder are installed on Program Files x86 which is for a 32 bit laptop, I recently discovered that Program Files folder are for a 64bit laptop. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files? Do I just...
  3. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?: My laptop is a 64 bit, I noticed that some of my apps folder are installed on Program Files x86 which is for a 32 bit laptop, I recently discovered that Program Files folder are for a 64bit laptop. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files? Do I just...
  4. deleted program files x86

deleted program files x86: I deleted Program files x86 by mistake .How I can create same folder ,whenever I have tried to create same folder there is an error as this files is in use.. please help me to create the folder or restore it....
  5. “ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86

“ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86: This is this weird file which i dont know what it does. For Program Files x86, there is this application that doesnt even do. What does this file do?...
  6. Is it safe to delete the adobe folders located in program files and program files (x86) in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to delete the adobe folders located in program files and program files (x86) in...: So I want to completely uninstall photoshop from my computer but I am worried that if I delete the Adobe folders from these locations my system will malfunction in some way. Am I just being paranoid? submitted by /u/josechiri707 [link] [comments]...
  7. program files and program files x86

program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  8. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...
  9. Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files: My Win10 Home is regularly updated by MS. After a recent update I find I am no longer able to update or completely remove applications. An example: Firstly, I am logged in as an administrator. I recently ran a program that informed me that an update was available. I opted...
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...