Windows 10: What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space?

Discus and support What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i was just wondering what would happen if i deleted my compress os files because i don't want to delete any files i have on my laptop. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MateusCiftci, Feb 24, 2019.

1. What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space?

Hi i was just wondering what would happen if i deleted my compress os files because i don't want to delete any files i have on my laptop. I have recently been experiencing some issues with my laptop. It keeps running at 100% CPU just when opening up google. I was told if i clear temporary files it would make it faster and stop my pc from running at 100% CPU. I was just wondering if i deleted compress os files that would improve the performance of my laptop or if i should do something else and that would make my laptop faster and better. I own a Lenovo ideapad 330s.

:)

MateusCiftci, Feb 24, 2019

2. is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk space?

Just as stated in the subject/question, is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk space. It holds 35 GB and I need some extra storage for other apps and documents, so I was wondering if I should delete those
    files or not, in case it might damage my pc.

MereenaPun, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Can't delete compressed files on backup disk as no space!

I am trying to clear some space on my backup disk. I have found a set of back ups for an old laptop (long gone) there are some big compressed video files which would give me plenty of room but I can't delete them (or cut or move them) I keep getting a
    message "Not enough space to delete these files"! Disk cleanup won't show them. Anyone got any ideas?

lhughes609, Feb 24, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space?

95Viper, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space?

1. What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space? - Similar Threads - happens deleted compress

2. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  3. What happened to my disk space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happened to my disk space?: I wasn't connected to the internet when this happenedI deleted 2.7GB from my diskI only got 100mb extra free spaceWhat happened to the other 2.6GB? What's using it?...
  4. What happened to my free disk space ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened to my free disk space ?: Among other problems, last update brought my attention on my root disk space. I have a 447GB SSD partitioned in two, OS(C:) partition of 96.5GB and data(E:) of 349GB As the screenshot shows, I currently have 15GB of free space on the C: disk. Though, I only find the...
  5. How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?: After updated on Feb9,2019,Disk Clean Up does not remove "Compress your OS drive". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removecompress-your-os-driveand-temporary/f7466e1c-ad75-4f66-ba92-ea0ccc6b5c66"
  6. Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive: I have a problem with recent clean installations of Windows 10 on several Dell Notebooks; After the normal service pack updates, an item named "Compressed OS-Drive" wasting more than 5Gb on the drive, is impossible to clean out using any explorer Disc Clean function. It can...
  7. is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...: Just as stated in the subject/question, is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk space. It holds 35 GB and I need some extra storage for other apps and documents, so I was wondering if I should delete those files or not, in...
  8. compress os drive -disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    compress os drive -disk cleanup: hello i have an option to compress my os(c)(solid state) drive which saves me 21Gb how does this work could any issues arise from doing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compress-os-drive-disk-cleanup/bf92056b-bbb1-45b7-907a-ccd3f949213a
  9. "Compress your OS drive" under Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Compress your OS drive" under Disk Cleanup: Hello, while I was conducting a disk cleanup I noticed a large amount of 10 GB under "Compress your OS Drive." After it was finished the 10 GB was still there. I have tried it several times and it just doesn't clean up. Any thoughts? [ATTACH]...
  10. Properties: Compress to save Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties: Compress to save Disk Space: If I enable Compress to Save Disk Space from a file's properties, what is the trade-off? How significant is the HDD/CPU uncompression process (assuming that's how windows does it) 85759

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens if i delete compressed files

2. what will happen if i delete my compress files

3. can you delete compress files?

4. what happen if compress operating disk,
  5. is it a good or bad thing to delete the compress your os device files in the clean disk space?,
  6. what happen when i delete the compess file off my computer,
  7. compress your os files delete,
  8. how to recover deleted compress os,
  9. should I compress om OS using disc clean-up,
  10. what happens if i delete compress your os drive,
  11. compress os files