Windows 10: what happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i...

Discus and support what happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new laptop and forgot to create the system recoveryInstalled serveral applications and set my password on them including my gmail account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeathWind, Dec 5, 2022.

1. DeathWind Win User

what happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i...

I got a new laptop and forgot to create the system recoveryInstalled serveral applications and set my password on them including my gmail account, microsoft account and other accounts for web and desktop applicationsI created my recovery USBIf i do a full factory reset with that USB on my laptop in the future will it remember my passwords?I am worried that this wil be the case if i sell my laptop, and other people will be able to acces my information.I have restored my older devices before but I never had a situation like this where I created the Recovery USB after setting accounts and passwor

:)

DeathWind, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Failed to perform System Restore and Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the mouse only during reset/recovery process of the system. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• Why exactly you are trying to perform system reset? Are you getting any error code, when trying to perform system reset?

• What is the make and model of your system?

I suggest you to try creating system restore point manually and check if the restore point is visible or not.

Back up and restore your PC - Microsoft Support

Refer to the section: Create Restore Point.

As you are also unable to perform system reset, I suggest you to try resetting system using windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Refer: Reset your PC and Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 6, 2022
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (Cwhat happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i... :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (Cwhat happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i... :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Dec 6, 2022
  4. what happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i...

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

what happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i...

1. what happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i... - Similar Threads - happens factorry reset

2. what happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happens if i do a factorry reset with a system restore usb for windows11 that i...: I got a new laptop and forgot to create the system recoveryInstalled serveral applications and set my password on them including my gmail account, microsoft account and other accounts for web and desktop applicationsI created my recovery USBIf i do a full factory reset with...
  3. Critical process died! I can't restore or reset what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died! I can't restore or reset what do I do?: Critical process died! I can't restore or reset, but can use commands. When I try to restore it says I must enable system protection on this drive.windows will not let me launch safe mode also it just gives me the same code, when I try to un install last update same thing, I...
  4. Critical process died! I can't restore or reset what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died! I can't restore or reset what do I do?: Critical process died! I can't restore or reset, but can use commands. When I try to restore it says I must enable system protection on this drive.windows will not let me launch safe mode also it just gives me the same code, when I try to un install last update same thing, I...
  5. How do I reset the System Restore account password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset the System Restore account password?: I got my computer messed up and unable to boot to a login. So I restarted holding the shift key to get to the options where I could do a system restore. However, the system restore, and all other choices, ask to select an account before continuing. I select my account, the...
  6. How do I reset the System Restore account password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset the System Restore account password?: I got my computer messed up and unable to boot to a login. So I restarted holding the shift key to get to the options where I could do a system restore. However, the system restore, and all other choices, ask to select an account before continuing. I select my account, the...
  7. Restore system is stuck, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore system is stuck, what can I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DancingCatflower [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdvj4p/restore_system_is_stuck_what_can_i_do/
  8. What happens if I do a factory reset on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I do a factory reset on my laptop?: Hey guys, I'm locked out of my computer and can't seem to reset the administrator password to get back in. What can I do to solve this? Would I have to reinstall windows? If I do a factory reset would that fix everything? I don't really care about losing my files. I just want...
  9. What happens if you interrupt System Restore or Reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What happens if you interrupt System Restore or Reset Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When Windows performs System Restore, or when you opt to Reset This PC, the user is given a clear warning that the process should not be interrupted. If interrupted, the system files or registry backup restore could be incomplete. Sometimes, [...] This post...
  10. What will happen if I restore Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will happen if I restore Windows?: I am currently having problems with my laptop and would like to restore the laptop completely to the state it was when it was new. I understand you can restore Windows in the settings at the Update & Security tab, but what I would like to know is what will happen if I restore...