Windows 10: What happens if i do a fresh install of update 2004? in terms of updates

Discus and support What happens if i do a fresh install of update 2004? in terms of updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded the iso (19041.264) I want to reinstall using that, but dont want to be an insider. How does that work? Can i reinstall using that and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IceKK, May 14, 2020.

1. /u/IceKK Win User

What happens if i do a fresh install of update 2004? in terms of updates

I downloaded the iso (19041.264) I want to reinstall using that, but dont want to be an insider. How does that work? Can i reinstall using that and just still be in the standard update ring?

Also any "official" links to the 2004 iso?

cheers

submitted by /u/IceKK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IceKK, May 14, 2020

2. Fresh install, Win Update issue

I've just done this on several computers at work. There is a download from Microsoft that will help with the initial update after a fresh install! Give me a sec. and I'll find the name:

Windows6.1-KB3102810-x64.msu

I think if you just search for the KB3102810 part you will find it online somewhere. It's just slightly more than 3 MB in size. We waited over an hour with one of the processor cores pegged with nothing happening. This was on a fresh install of Win 7 64-bit SP1 and we were just trying to get the very first update (the one before the massive ~1 GB of updates)

I never saw a .msu before but it runs just like an executable. It will still take a few minutes after you have that patch installed for the update to run but you won't be waiting forever like before.

Beertintedgoggles, May 14, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Fresh install, Win Update issue

Check time, and give it a reboot. But you likely will just have to wait. Installing all the updates for Win7 after a fresh install takes forever. It doesn't help that the Windows Update process is single threaded either. So it takes even longer on an older processor, or one that isn't very single threaded powerful.

I just installed Win7 on a new built for a client. It was only an Athlon 5350. I started Windows Update when I got to my office in the morning, and 8 hours later when I left it was still sitting at the "checking for updates" phase. When I got to work the next morning it had finally moved on to tell me there were 228 updates to install. You'll just have to wait, unfortunately.

newtekie1, May 14, 2020
  4. NC37 Win User

Fresh install, Win Update issue

Ok so I'm whipping some parts together to build a starter PC for nephews. Ran into a snag. It can use browsers like IE and Firefox just fine. I can download just fine and such. However, Windows Update just sits there forever on "checking for updates."

This is with a fresh install of Windows 7.

Now the board originally came from an old Gateway I parted out. It was a Vista machine. This is the board: 945G D945GCFG1 | Intel D945GCFG1 Viiv LGA775 motherboard

It has 3GB RAM right now. I've also dropped in a C2D E6700, upgrading it from it's original E4300. Then I dumped in a 750Ti for GPU.

Support under 7 is there but yeah the drivers are often old. Heck I tried loading Windows 10 on and it does work with the exception of Windows Update not working in it either. In fact under 10 it quickly says it cannot communicate with the microsoft servers vs 7 which just sits there.

Now I do have an old Vista install DVD around. I could drop it back to that and see what happens, but I'd like to avoid that. I already know 7 and 10 don't want to communicate with M$ and that it refuses to do so even after fresh install.

Could this be an issue with the board or ethernet? I don't have a spare card around to test but I'm beginning to wonder. Don't usually have issues like this with Windows Update.

Thema:

1. What happens if i do a fresh install of update 2004? in terms of updates - Similar Threads - happens fresh install

2. Fresh install of 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of 2004: Hi All, Here is a explaination of what happend for me to post. I have been following the "How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 since it was created. On this i7 7700k system, I like others downloaded the update using the media tool and upgraded without any...
  3. This happened after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happened after updating to 2004: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dswapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hoarq2/this_happened_after_updating_to_2004/
  4. What happened to the Timeline in 2004 Feature Update????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened to the Timeline in 2004 Feature Update????: I know this is an issue with many others. What happened to the once-great Timeline that worked great with 1909, but now, since 2004 Feature Update, completely worthless? I did everything that was recommended. I know activity history available on MS Activity Page etc., but,...
  5. I installed the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I installed the 2004 update: Since then HDMI audio does not function at all. While the PC Speakers work but are at a incredibly low level. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-the-2004-update/dabce9a3-2770-43f9-94ff-3cc5adf6517a
  6. I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...

I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftAndOther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9uqsf/i_installed_windows_10_2004_in_virtualbox_and/
  7. I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...

I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftAndOther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9uqsf/i_installed_windows_10_2004_in_virtualbox_and/
  8. What happens if I uninstall an update?

What happens if I uninstall an update?: I’m going to have to update my computer soon and there’s apparently been a lot of problems with it, including an identified connectivity bug. If anything goes wrong with it where I have to uninstall the update, will everything still be there? Will I lose any files or...
  9. This is all I see of the update page since updating to 2004. What do?

This is all I see of the update page since updating to 2004. What do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cuntable [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy84v7/this_is_all_i_see_of_the_update_page_since/
  10. What happens to w10 updates that fail to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens to w10 updates that fail to install: My w10-64 bit Update history is showing many updates with "failed to install", even in many attempts. Other updates, after that, at a later date are appearing as "successfully installed". Update check is showing "UP to date", meaning, no update is pending. So, I am...