Windows 10: What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating?

Discus and support What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was waiting for the update to finish then I thought that it may take while so I plugged in my charger. And after that it suddenly restarts. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jane Maedenn, Nov 12, 2021.

1. What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating?

I was waiting for the update to finish then I thought that it may take while so I plugged in my charger. And after that it suddenly restarts. It was still on 30%. After some time, the screen freeze and then it turned off. I turn it on and it's in normal state and then I went to settings and manually install the update. It lagged again and I paused the update. Is this safe or it cost some damage to my laptop?

:)

Jane Maedenn, Nov 12, 2021

2. My PC lags when plugged in

We appreciate the additional information. This thread suggests performing the power troubleshooter to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane.
    • Locate Power, then click Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the prompts to complete the troubleshooter.
    Note: Perform the troubleshooter while the charger is plugged in.

To further help isolate the issue, we also suggest trying another charger on your laptop and see if helps. Sometimes, if the charger is damaged, it can cause performance issues.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Nov 12, 2021
  3. No applications open after an update today

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

I would suggest that you wait for a couple of hours more, if you are still stuck in the same screen I would suggest that you terminate the process by follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Once the computer restarts, perform the steps mentioned in the previous post and check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 12, 2021
  4. ozan0053 Win User

What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating?

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Update: Battery was at 34%, plugged charger in, went to sleep mode as usual. When i turned it on, battery was all of a sudden on 5%, and when i plugged the charger in it jumped to 100%. Then it gave a critical battery warning and went to sleep mode again, but this time it would only turn on when the charger was plugged in.

ozan0053, Nov 12, 2021
Thema:

What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating?

1. What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating? - Similar Threads - happens plugged charger

2. Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & plugged out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & plugged out.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My laptop charger is plugged off removed from charging port or when My laptop charger is plugged in charging port & charging is...
  3. Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & plugged out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & plugged out.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My laptop charger is plugged off removed from charging port or when My laptop charger is plugged in charging port & charging is...
  4. Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using?: Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-dangerous-for-my-laptop-to-be-always-plugged/7c627c83-37d2-4d65-8a09-f61fe6eb80a0
  5. What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating?: I was waiting for the update to finish then I thought that it may take while so I plugged in my charger. And after that it suddenly restarts. It was still on 30%. After some time, the screen freeze and then it turned off. I turn it on and it's in normal state and then I went...
  6. What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens if I plugged in my charger and it accidentally restart while its still updating?: I was waiting for the update to finish then I thought that it may take while so I plugged in my charger. And after that it suddenly restarts. It was still on 30%. After some time, the screen freeze and then it turned off. I turn it on and it's in normal state and then I went...
  7. laptop not charging while its on charger plugged in and its charging while laptop shut...

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not charging while its on charger plugged in and its charging while laptop shut...: while laptop is on its not charging when its off its charging also charger plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-charging-while-its-on-charger-plugged/cfdf7932-a0e8-4906-8963-f789ddb7e955
  8. my charger is plugged in and its not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my charger is plugged in and its not charging: my charger is plugged in and its not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-charger-is-plugged-in-and-its-not-charging/61535f23-adba-4626-8ee3-a649fccfc4f6
  9. Please help i forgot to plug my laptop charger while it was updating it powered off while...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i forgot to plug my laptop charger while it was updating it powered off while...: Will it break will i lose something please help this is the first time something like this happened to me submitted by /u/idkforfun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9izqd/please_help_i_forgot_to_plug_my_laptop_charger/
  10. Didn’t know what would happen if I restarted my PC while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Didn’t know what would happen if I restarted my PC while updating: [IMG]Im actually scared if i bricked my computer. it was installing a windows update and i turned it off for a dumb reason... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-know-what-would-happen-if-i-restarted-my-pc/54d39991-644c-4b1c-8849-eb5e50bba8b0