Windows 10: What happens if I rest my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD

Discus and support What happens if I rest my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A while back I transferred my OS from my HDD to a SSD. Now I'm planning to sell the laptop, but I want to rest it first and take out the SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Night4shadow, May 15, 2019.

1. What happens if I rest my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD

A while back I transferred my OS from my HDD to a SSD. Now I'm planning to sell the laptop, but I want to rest it first and take out the SSD and transfer the OS to the HDD. so I can put the SSD in my new laptop and transfer the OS to it , so what I would really appreciate if you can tell me what I might expect to pop up in the BIOS after I rest it and how to reverse the HDD back to being the OS

:)

Night4shadow, May 15, 2019

2. Is it possible to move the OS from SSD to HDD ?

hi

i'm thinking of adding an ssd to my computer but i don't want to format the OS since it's tiring to re-add my emails and other stuff, so i wanted to know is it possible to move the OS from SSD to HDD without reinstalling the window?

Abdulrehman Amjad, May 15, 2019
  3. Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

To do so, follow the steps below:

Step 1.
    Clone OS to SSD

Step 2. Enter into BIOS and set the SSD as the first boot disk.

Step 3. Change the old drive to D:\ (you'd better do a disk backup of the old drive in adavance).

Hope my answer will give you a hand.

Paper Plane-4567, May 15, 2019
  4. What happens if I rest my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD

how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

hi

i gust got a new SSD

and i want to move my OS and only my OS over to it

so that i can boot from it.

if any one can give me a step by step guide to it that would be grate

some PC info

i have windows 10 64bit

the SSD is 120GB

mrhexeberg, May 15, 2019
Thema:

What happens if I rest my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD

1. What happens if I rest my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD - Similar Threads - happens rest computer

2. What happens if I delete system32 folder in non-OS SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if I delete system32 folder in non-OS SSD?: Will it affect my PC? That drive doesn't even use Windows its just there for storage it use to run OS but I use an SSD now Is it safe to delete?...
  3. What happens if I delete system32 folder in non-OS SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if I delete system32 folder in non-OS SSD?: Will it affect my PC? That drive doesn't even use Windows its just there for storage it use to run OS but I use an SSD now Is it safe to delete?...
  4. What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?: I own a Surface Pro and I was thinking of installing chrome OS and removing the Win 10 installation as it is becoming a bit slow now.So if I install chrome OS and remove the OEM installation, will the keys still be stored on hardware if I plan to install Win 10 in the future?...
  5. What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?: I own a Surface Pro and I was thinking of installing chrome OS and removing the Win 10 installation as it is becoming a bit slow now.So if I install chrome OS and remove the OEM installation, will the keys still be stored on hardware if I plan to install Win 10 in the future?...
  6. What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I move just the OS to my SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I move just the OS to my SSD?: My laptop came with a 1 TB hdd and a 128 GB ssd. I've used up approximately 700 GB of the hdd and have noticed it has been slower. After now understanding that the SSD would be much faster, I want to move just Windows 10 to the ssd so I can boot from it but still have my...
  8. Move OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move OS to SSD: Move win10 from my HDD to SSD operating system only The SSD in smaller but it is 500 mg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-os-to-ssd/2a46d103-f634-4cd0-9230-c58104c63769
  9. My computer won't start after i tried moving the OS from an SSD to a HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer won't start after i tried moving the OS from an SSD to a HDD: I tried moving my OS from the SSD to my HDD using EaseUS Partition Master, but after the whole process my pc won't start at all. I tried to restore to an early point but it didn't find one,and trying to restire it to factory settings dont work as well. Is there anything i...
  10. What happens if I reset my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens if I reset my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD: A while back I transferred my OS from my HDD to a SSD. Now I'm planning to sell the laptop, but I want to reset it first and take out the SSD and transfer the OS to the HDD. so I can put the SSD in my new laptop and transfer the OS to it , so what I would really appreciate...