Windows 10: What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe?

Discus and support What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i want to test something and to do that i need to take ownership of svchost.exe lockated in C:\Windows\System32 is it safe?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cookieslays, Oct 25, 2023.

1. What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe?

i want to test something and to do that i need to take ownership of svchost.exe lockated in C:\Windows\System32 is it safe?

:)

Cookieslays, Oct 25, 2023
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Oct 25, 2023
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Oct 25, 2023
  4. ex_reven Win User

What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe?

RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Oct 25, 2023
Thema:

What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe?

1. What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe? - Similar Threads - happens ownership svchost

2. What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe?: i want to test something and to do that i need to take ownership of svchost.exe lockated in C:\Windows\System32 is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-take-ownership-of-svchostexe/be08c7e1-6199-4d7b-93f7-b5f36d36ac03
  3. What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if i take ownership of svchost.exe?: i want to test something and to do that i need to take ownership of svchost.exe lockated in C:\Windows\System32 is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-take-ownership-of-svchostexe/be08c7e1-6199-4d7b-93f7-b5f36d36ac03
  4. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  5. Taking over the ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  6. No option to take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to take ownership: Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed. I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship. I've run...
  7. How can I take ownership of the .exe file of a Windows 10 game?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I take ownership of the .exe file of a Windows 10 game?: I play Sea of Thieves on Windows 10, and I am trying to take ownership of/unlock the game's .exe file. I was successful in claiming ownership of the WindowsApps folder it is contained in, but am having trouble unlocking the file itself. I have tried the same method I used to...
  8. Take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  9. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  10. Cant take ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant take ownership: So my problem started when i was on my steam and i was downloading a game onto my (D:) drive, it gave me a error message saying folder not writable. I narrowed the problem down to making steam folder in my (D:) drive not read only, but every time i try to, i get an error...