Windows 10: What happens if I uninstall an update?

Discus and support What happens if I uninstall an update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m going to have to update my computer soon and there’s apparently been a lot of problems with it, including an identified connectivity bug. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amberjadely, Jun 14, 2020.

1. What happens if I uninstall an update?

I’m going to have to update my computer soon and there’s apparently been a lot of problems with it, including an identified connectivity bug. If anything goes wrong with it where I have to uninstall the update, will everything still be there? Will I lose any files or anything? Or will the only thing that happens is that my computer goes to the previous build?

submitted by /u/amberjadely
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amberjadely, Jun 14, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused What happens if I uninstall an update? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 14, 2020
  3. can't uninstall KB3132372

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are getting error while uninstalling KB3132372.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What is error message / error code you are getting
      uninstalling KB3132372?
    • What happens when you try to uninstall KB3132372?
    I would suggest you to uninstall the update from Programs & Features and check.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ X key
    • Select Programs & Features
    • Click on View Installed Updates
    • Select the update > Click Uninstall

Please update us with the required information. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 14, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

What happens if I uninstall an update?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What happens if I uninstall an update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

What happens if I uninstall an update?

1. What happens if I uninstall an update? - Similar Threads - happens uninstall update

2. I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?: After the last quality ! update my laptop was blinking. So I uninstalled it and now everything works well. But then Windows will reinstall its updates and the same cause will give the same result.I cheched my drivers but they were all already up to date.So what can I do ?...
  3. I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled a Windows update. And then what ?: After the last quality ! update my laptop was blinking. So I uninstalled it and now everything works well. But then Windows will reinstall its updates and the same cause will give the same result.I cheched my drivers but they were all already up to date.So what can I do ?...
  4. What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?: I own a Surface Pro and I was thinking of installing chrome OS and removing the Win 10 installation as it is becoming a bit slow now.So if I install chrome OS and remove the OEM installation, will the keys still be stored on hardware if I plan to install Win 10 in the future?...
  5. What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?: I own a Surface Pro and I was thinking of installing chrome OS and removing the Win 10 installation as it is becoming a bit slow now.So if I install chrome OS and remove the OEM installation, will the keys still be stored on hardware if I plan to install Win 10 in the future?...
  6. What will happen to the OEM OS keys after I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What would happen if i uninstalled my cpu/igpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What would happen if i uninstalled my cpu/igpu: I just was wondering what would happen because i was in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-would-happen-if-i-uninstalled-my-cpuigpu/c16a3b0f-e416-4287-ab5f-0f184ad50d51
  8. What will happen if i uninstalled windows 10 update KB4515384 for the tlauncher for minecaft

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What will happen if i uninstalled windows 10 update KB4515384 for the tlauncher for minecaft: what to do submitted by /u/unspeakablegamefan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsq6ql/what_will_happen_if_i_uninstalled_windows_10/
  9. uninstall not happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstall not happening: I have been playing the new MSFS2020 recently and a large part of the experience for me is an associated program called Flight Simulator Economy. In order for FSE to work I must use a small program called Simconnect. This handles communication between the FSE server and...
  10. What happens if i uninstall Windows 10 Update and Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens if i uninstall Windows 10 Update and Privacy settings: i see it as a program that can be uninstalled. what it is? what happens if i remove it? Thanks! did a lot of google searching and no one is talking about it 85282