Windows 10: What happens if my wifi cuts during Windows Update?

Discus and support What happens if my wifi cuts during Windows Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Title. By "Windows Update" I mean after clicking "Update and shut down" on the start menu. Are there any consequences or side effects I should know of?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Imaxinacion, Jun 22, 2019.

1. What happens if my wifi cuts during Windows Update?

Title. By "Windows Update" I mean after clicking "Update and shut down" on the start menu. Are there any consequences or side effects I should know of?

:)

Imaxinacion, Jun 22, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What happens if my wifi cuts during Windows Update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 22, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

What happens if my wifi cuts during Windows Update?

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

What happens if my wifi cuts during Windows Update?

1. What happens if my wifi cuts during Windows Update? - Similar Threads - happens wifi cuts

2. What happened to my Wifi and my Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my Wifi and my Bluetooth?: I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop. Yesterday, the Wifi completely was gone. Tried a network reset, going on ncpa.cpl, did absolutely nothing. I've tried everything so far and nothing has changed. Restarted, went back to the previous version, nothing. Had to plug in a Wifi usb of...
  3. What happened to my Wifi and my Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my Wifi and my Bluetooth?: I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop. Yesterday, the Wifi completely was gone. Tried a network reset, going on ncpa.cpl, did absolutely nothing. I've tried everything so far and nothing has changed. Restarted, went back to the previous version, nothing. Had to plug in a Wifi usb of...
  4. Unsure what happen during backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsure what happen during backup: Windows 10 computer. Installed a new sata hard drive as a second drive for data back up. I started to drag my files and folders off my C drive to the F drive but it appears to be going on my C drive which is now 90% full. A few files did go to the f drive. I thought I was...
  5. What happened to my WiFi options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my WiFi options?: Last night I was doing an online seminar and as soon as the seminar ended I lost Internet connection and realized all of the settings disappeared with it. There is no option to connect to wifi and under “NetWork and Internet” the wireless option is entirely missing from the...
  6. What happened to my WiFi options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my WiFi options?: Last night I was doing an online seminar and as soon as the seminar ended I lost Internet connection and realized all of the settings disappeared with it. There is no option to connect to wifi and under “NetWork and Internet” the wireless option is entirely missing from the...
  7. What happened to my WiFi options?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. what happened to my wifi choice?

what happened to my wifi choice?: I recently installed a new modem/router for better internet speed. It works beautifully and I am getting over 700Mbps. But it did something to my wifi on my desktop. The wifi works for the other computer and it connects to phones and tablets, no problem. But the 'wifi' choice...
  9. What's happening to my wifi?

What's happening to my wifi?: Each time I come to the computer after a break (no matter how brief) I can't access internet although the wifi icon shows connection. So I have to disconnect and then re-connect. Have no idea how to investigate but very interested in finding a solution. 123814
  10. What's happening to my wifi?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's happening to my wifi?: Each time I come to the computer after a break (no matter how brief) I can't access internet although the wifi icon shows connection. So I have to disconnect and then re-connect. Have no idea how to investigate but very interested in finding a solution. 123814