Windows 10: what happens to apps when i reinstall windows on new ssd

Discus and support what happens to apps when i reinstall windows on new ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently Windows 10 is installed on C:/ and all my apps and programs are in the Program files folders. I am installing a new SSD which is currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesFrancis1, Oct 22, 2019.

1. what happens to apps when i reinstall windows on new ssd

Currently Windows 10 is installed on C:/ and all my apps and programs are in the Program files folders. I am installing a new SSD which is currently S:/. and I plan to do a clean install of Windows 10 on to that drive. Will I still be able to use the apps on the C drive when i reconnect it or will i have to reinstall them all? I no longer have all the installation media, and Office 2010 was a download under an employee scheme that no longer runs.

:)

CharlesFrancis1, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Oct 22, 2019
  4. what happens to apps when i reinstall windows on new ssd

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

what happens to apps when i reinstall windows on new ssd

1. what happens to apps when i reinstall windows on new ssd - Similar Threads - happens apps reinstall

2. Reinstall Windows on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows on new SSD.: My system SSD c: crashed, so I need to change it to a new one and reinstall Windows 10. I know how to do that, and already have a bootable USB flash drive and s new, identical SSD. My programs were installed on a different SSD f: and all my data was on an external NAS. The...
  3. Reinstall Windows on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows on new SSD.: My system SSD c: crashed, so I need to change it to a new one and reinstall Windows 10. I know how to do that, and already have a bootable USB flash drive and s new, identical SSD. My programs were installed on a different SSD f: and all my data was on an external NAS. The...
  4. reinstall windows on new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstall windows on new ssd: hi,right now i have my original windows on my laptop, but im getting errors that my ssd is going to fail. if it happens, and i buy a new ssd, how can i install my previous windows on it? considering i bouht the laptop with windows on it nad i dont want to pay for a new...
  5. I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the...: Hi,I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the easiest way of doing this? I have an Omen HP Obelisk Desktop PC 875-0000....
  6. I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the...

I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the...: Hi,I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the easiest way of doing this? I have an Omen HP Obelisk Desktop PC 875-0000....
  7. Reinstalling Windows on new SSD

Reinstalling Windows on new SSD: My computer: MSI Prestige 15 A10SCI bought a new SSD and added on my computer. That means I have two SSD on my computer, old one and new one. And I want to newly install Windows 10 on my new SSD.What I tried and the results:1. To install with Windows boot USB -> Failed. I got...
  8. Reinstalling Windows on new SSD

Reinstalling Windows on new SSD: My computer: MSI Prestige 15 A10SCI bought a new SSD and added on my computer. That means I have two SSD on my computer, old one and new one. And I want to newly install Windows 10 on my new SSD.What I tried and the results:1. To install with Windows boot USB -> Failed. I got...
  9. Reinstalling windows on NEW ssd

Reinstalling windows on NEW ssd: I have a friend who wants to reinstall windows on his PC as it is experiencing problems. Should he reinstall windows on the old SSD first and then install windows on the new ssd? Windows came in pre-installed on the PC and he doesn't have the product key. What should he do?...
  10. Reinstalling windows on a new SSD

Reinstalling windows on a new SSD: Hi everyone, I just want to be shure that i'm doing my reinstallation process corectly so here's the idea : - I curently have an old SSD with my windows 10 installed on it, activated with a key i recieved from my school quite a long time ago. - I created a USB drive to...