Windows 10: What happens to Desktop after new install?

Discus and support What happens to Desktop after new install? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Going to be installing Win10 on a new HDD but was wondering what happens to everything already on my existing desktop. Once Ive installed the OS to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gbu, Mar 4, 2021.

1. GBU
    gbu Win User

What happens to Desktop after new install?

Going to be installing Win10 on a new HDD but was wondering what happens to everything already on my existing desktop.
    Once Ive installed the OS to the new drive I will plug that drive back in and be using my existing drive that Windows is currently installed to as storage.

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 4, 2021
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Mar 4, 2021
  4. What happens to Desktop after new install?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

What happens to Desktop after new install?

1. What happens to Desktop after new install? - Similar Threads - happens Desktop install

2. What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?: It seems that with the new update of windows 11 the option of setting different background for the different virtual desk have disappeared and there is no error messages shown on screen, when I try to change a different background for a different virtual desk, is applied to...
  3. What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?: Today I logged into to my PC and the Desktop has completely changed. I am showing on the screenshot what it is now. And when I click "start" none of my apps are there, nor are my Genealogy Apps And my Windows Defender icon is no longer on the task bar and neither is my...
  4. What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?: Today I logged into to my PC and the Desktop has completely changed. I am showing on the screenshot what it is now. And when I click "start" none of my apps are there, nor are my Genealogy Apps And my Windows Defender icon is no longer on the task bar and neither is my...
  5. Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?: Mid-last week ~21 Jun my Win 11 PC formerly Win 10, upgraded about 5 weeks ago ran an auto update and sat waiting for a reboot to effect the change. I rebooted on my way out the door for work. When I came home, i essentially lost everything. I have slowly had to rebuild my...
  6. Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?: Mid-last week ~21 Jun my Win 11 PC formerly Win 10, upgraded about 5 weeks ago ran an auto update and sat waiting for a reboot to effect the change. I rebooted on my way out the door for work. When I came home, i essentially lost everything. I have slowly had to rebuild my...
  7. What’s happening to my installation?????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s happening to my installation?????: Windows apps problem - I am incredibly confused,I’m trying to download halo MCC rn, I’ve set my default save location to my my second hdd but the file size suggests it is not on that drive, on my c drive the free space is suddenly significantly low and it looks like the game...
  8. what happened to my desktop?

what happened to my desktop?: In the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen, there is a notification icon. CLICK on it and TURN OFF Tablet Mode and the Desktop will magically appear. this also seemed to get rid of the error 0x80004005 for windows 10. hope this helps...
  9. What happened to my desktop?

What happened to my desktop?: I don't like tiles. I want my desktop to look like the old traditional Windows 7, NT, etc with icons that I arrange. Is that possible in Windows 10?...
  10. What will happen with Windows 7 after installed Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What will happen with Windows 7 after installed Windows 10?: I have a question about the new operating system of Microsoft Windows 10 64X Home Edition that will be available on July 29th or so. My question is that when the new operating system of Windows 10 installed in my computer and what will happen with the old operating system of...