Windows 10: What happens to files in Transit when a BSOD occurs?

Discus and support What happens to files in Transit when a BSOD occurs? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set my PC a considerable task, moving a whole load of files/folders from my documents drive D: to my remote drive G: which is a 1TB disk used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TechnoAmeoba, Sep 20, 2020.

1. What happens to files in Transit when a BSOD occurs?

I set my PC a considerable task, moving a whole load of files/folders from my documents drive D: to my remote drive G: which is a 1TB disk used for backup via a USB. It was supposed to be an overnight job.

My Windows 10 Pro OS and installed apps/programs live on the C: drive.

Stupidly, I chose the 'move' rather than 'copy' option.

Naturally, at some stage whilst this unattended process was going on, the main host machine suffered a ubiquitous MS BSOD.

My files have gone from the origin, most are on the destination, but a particular folder at the destination when I try to select it gives the error: "Data Error cyclic redundancy check

Can I recover from this at all?

Thanks.

Paul

:)

TechnoAmeoba, Sep 20, 2020

2. Random BSOD, started happening today

Just did all the steps. I suppose there's no way to tell if that solved the issue without using and waiting to see if another BSOD occurs, so I will come back later in case anything happens.

brunopugliese, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 20, 2020
  4. BRU
    bru Win User

What happens to files in Transit when a BSOD occurs?

BSOD/crashes occur when computer sleeps

What is your preferred method for doing driver updates? I previously downloaded the new driver and installed over the top. The properties then do show the new driver version listed so I assume it does get installed. I have seen some recommend uninstalling the current driver first and then installing the new. Not sure if there will be a difference in the outcome doing it this way.

Thema:

What happens to files in Transit when a BSOD occurs?

1. What happens to files in Transit when a BSOD occurs? - Similar Threads - happens files Transit

2. What happened to the arrow in Films&TV that would allow transition between videos in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the arrow in Films&TV that would allow transition between videos in...: The arrows to go from the previous video to the next on the films and TV app are no longer visible in windows 10 I noticed this after a "security" update from today. Has anyone else experienced this recently and can it be resolved?...
  3. What happened to the arrow in Films&TV that would allow transition between videos in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the arrow in Films&TV that would allow transition between videos in...: The arrows to go from the previous video to the next on the films and TV app are no longer visible in windows 10 I noticed this after a "security" update from today. Has anyone else experienced this recently and can it be resolved?...
  4. BSOD occurring, need help with MiniDump files & figuring out what is causing BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD occurring, need help with MiniDump files & figuring out what is causing BSODs: I've been having seemingly random BSOD issues with my PC, and need help understanding the Minidump files. I'm suspecting it might be ram that is the issue, but am not certain, and am worried it's my CPU/memory controller. Typically the BSOD errors are almost always...
  5. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted: So I was saying If a shortcut of a .vbs file's original file get deleted what happens?, Does It give an Error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-with-shortcut-when-original-file-is/010be21d-dd86-44be-ab50-cb1852a3000f
  6. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted: So I was saying If a shortcut of a .vbs file's original file get deleted what happens?, Does It give an Error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-with-shortcut-when-original-file-is/010be21d-dd86-44be-ab50-cb1852a3000f
  7. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. when playing game ,bsod occur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when playing game ,bsod occur: https://wwb.lanzouj.com/ifitz04623xethanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-game-bsod-occur/e0796a2a-f559-4f31-b318-19c739e59688
  9. when playing game ,bsod occur

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when playing game ,bsod occur: https://wwb.lanzouj.com/ifitz04623xethanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-game-bsod-occur/e0796a2a-f559-4f31-b318-19c739e59688
  10. What happens when a power interruption occurs in the middle of my Windows installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens when a power interruption occurs in the middle of my Windows installation?: I've been thinking about upgrading my 32 bit Windows to 64 bit but I'm scared that an unscheduled power interruption might happen, because it happens a lot in my area. What would happen if, in the middle of my installation, a power interruption happens? Would my hard drive be...