Windows 10: What happens to local Windows 10 user profile, when machine is disconnected from work or...

Discus and support What happens to local Windows 10 user profile, when machine is disconnected from work or... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a user with a machine that is currently connected to a corporate Azure AD account, and that account is the one their primary desktop profile is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OneTechIT, Jul 31, 2020.

1. OneTechIT Win User

What happens to local Windows 10 user profile, when machine is disconnected from work or...

We have a user with a machine that is currently connected to a corporate Azure AD account, and that account is the one their primary desktop profile is associated with.

If we Disconnect the computer from that Azure AD account, will the user still be able to get into that profile? Does it keep a cached version of the user's AD credentials locally so that they can log back in after reboot?

Or does the user need to create a local admin account for themselves, and migrate their data over to that profile by logging into that local account after the machine's association is broken when it's Disconnected from Azure AD?

:)

OneTechIT, Jul 31, 2020

2. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

What happens to local Windows 10 user profile, when machine is disconnected from work or...

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Thema:

1. What happens to local Windows 10 user profile, when machine is disconnected from work or... - Similar Threads - happens local user

2. What happens when I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens when I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?: Hi,My daughter's machine was stolen 3 days ago when she travelled. I just asked her to login https://account.microsoft.com/devices with her account, and click "Lock" for the device right away. Her pin has only 4 digits. What if the thief correctly guesses the pin? Will her...
  3. What happens when I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens when I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?: Hi,My daughter's machine was stolen 3 days ago when she travelled. I just asked her to login https://account.microsoft.com/devices with her account, and click "Lock" for the device right away. Her pin has only 4 digits. What if the thief correctly guesses the pin? Will her...
  4. User Profile Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Disconnected: I have multiple user profiles on my pc. I often encounter the 'blue screen of death recovery' which forces a restart. After the restart, a key user profile is not listed. It is the same user profile impacted each time this occurs. Previously I regained access through the...
  5. User Profile Disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Disconnected: I have multiple user profiles on my pc. I often encounter the 'blue screen of death recovery' which forces a restart. After the restart, a key user profile is not listed. It is the same user profile impacted each time this occurs. Previously I regained access through the...
  6. What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd: I first used net user "username" /delete command to delete the only user from the win 10 desktop. And then when I sign out to sign in again, my password isn't being taken. Rather when I try to reset my password, it shows to use a password reset disk. What should I do?...
  7. How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?: Hi, I have an environment with 10 clients that run Windows 10 Pro and I have a Synology DS918+ that runs as a Domain ControllerSynology Directory Server just as Active Directory. The clients have been joined to the domain and there exists domain users that have and use...
  8. What happens to W10 Users Desktop Items when their Profile is deleted?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What happens to W10 Users Desktop Items when their Profile is deleted?: I need to delete two older User Names / Desktops. There are some items that we would like to keep / maintain. Is it possible to retain these Windows 10 Desktop Items / Icons? 150562
  9. Windows 10 Local Profiles not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Local Profiles not Working: I created a local account on my Windows 10 computer. When I log into it says "Welcome", then instantly says "Signing Out". Do you know the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-local-profiles-not-working/7fbd8a9d-511f-4ccf-b3a1-a7b6bf0e412f
  10. HOW TO DISCONNECT AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT FROM A LOCAL PROFILE????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW TO DISCONNECT AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT FROM A LOCAL PROFILE????: Previously, i had a local account with no outlook email attached to it, then i wanted to use the mail app to use one of my emails that is my only outlook account. after connecting it, now my local account has attached to this outlook account, and ive deleted the outlook...