Windows 10: What happens to my old license key after i upgraded to Windows 10 Education Edition from...

Discus and support What happens to my old license key after i upgraded to Windows 10 Education Edition from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Subject is explaining enough but besides that can i use my Windows 10 Pro License Key on another computer at the same time? I'll perform the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlperBozkır, Sep 11, 2018.

1. What happens to my old license key after i upgraded to Windows 10 Education Edition from...

Subject is explaining enough but besides that can i use my Windows 10 Pro License Key on another computer at the same time?

I'll perform the upgrade via entering license key manually. Just incase that matters.

:)

AlperBozkır, Sep 11, 2018
  2. JAdrianE. Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade through product key from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Student Edition

Thanks for a immediate reply sir, I just wanna ask another question, Once I am using the Windows 10 Education version which I got from Dreamspark(OntheHub.com), If I buy a new machine, can I uninstall my windows 10 Education key on my laptop and use it to activate
    my new machine, and will my old machine will be returned to Windows 10 Home Edition license from OEM. Thanks

JAdrianE., Sep 11, 2018
  3. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

What happens to my old license key after i upgraded to Windows 10 Education Edition from...

Windows 10 Education edition

As I understand it (@Superfly may be able to say more) the university's volume licencing of Windows 10 Education would use a Key Management System (KMS) for activation. This means the key you'd have would the generic key for Education and activation is renewed periodically by contacting the university's KMS server. Once you leave university and can no longer contact the servers the activation would expire.

Thema:

What happens to my old license key after i upgraded to Windows 10 Education Edition from...

1. What happens to my old license key after i upgraded to Windows 10 Education Edition from... - Similar Threads - happens old license

2. What happens to the old PC after a license transfer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happens to the old PC after a license transfer?: I recently purchased a PC running Windows 10 Home. I have another PC which originally ran Windows 8, and which I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license on. I am planning to transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new PC. Is there any way to revert the old PC to Windows 8 or...
  3. What happens to digital license on old machine

What happens to digital license on old machine: Hello, I am building a new machine in the next few days. I have a digital license for Windows Pro 64 bit on the old machine. When installing Win10 64 bit on the new machine I'd like to use that digital license to get the Pro features. So, what happens to the old...
  4. Upgraded to Windows 10 Education license that I got from my uni, will it expire if I...

Upgraded to Windows 10 Education license that I got from my uni, will it expire if I...: Hi, I upgraded my Windows 10 Home license to Windows 10 Education which I acquired via my university. I linked my Personal Microsoft Account with my PC on which the Education license is activated. [ATTACH] Will the license still be active after I graduate or switch...
  5. Windows 10 Education Edition Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education Edition Product Key: I recently swapped out my laptops HDD to a SSD and when I reactivated the laptop i set it up with a different microsoft outlook account. When I try to install or upgrade it from Windows 10 home edition back to the education addition it asks for a product key. I have the...
  6. What happened to my Windows 10 edition?

What happened to my Windows 10 edition?: I was playing with Winaero Tweaker when suddenly on a restart the "Windows 10 Pro" text and the Windows logo disappeared almost everywhere on my laptop!!! [ATTACH]...
  7. Transferring Windows license: What happens to the old PC?

Transferring Windows license: What happens to the old PC?: If I have a PC purchased from the manufacturer, which comes with an OEM license for some Windows 10 edition installed on it, then I upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro or Education or Enterprise etc. using a product key, and then I want to transfer this license for the upgraded...
  8. Windows 10 (x64) Education Edition - What is it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (x64) Education Edition - What is it?: Greetings... My daughter comes home from college and tells me that she found a Microsoft website that will let her have Windows 10 Education Edition x64 for Free, since she is a student. I just bought her a Dell Inspiron 5700 SSD laptop that came with Windows 10 Home. She...
  9. upgrading my motherboard, what happens to my license?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    upgrading my motherboard, what happens to my license?: If I replace my motherboard, will I still keep my windows 10 license (free upgrade done)? My Windows Activated Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA178 Changing my motherboard from the old GA-EG31M-S2 to GA-H61M-S2V-B3 My hard-drive stays the same!...
  10. What happens to Win7 License after upgrading to Windows 10?

What happens to Win7 License after upgrading to Windows 10?: I have a Family 3-Pack of Windows 7 Home Premium installed and activated on 3 PCs using the same Product Key. If I upgrade one of the PCs to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, does that free up one of the Windows 7 licenses to use on another PC? 36816

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens after you graduate windows 10 education

2. what happens if i activate my windows account through my university

3. windows 10 education old license key

4. what happens to my windows key when i upgraded