Windows 10: What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done

Discus and support What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a windows 10 pro 32 bit architecture pc.My pc had become so slow these days so i thought to do a clean installation.But i have few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarshilByggari, Apr 19, 2021.

1. What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done

Hi,

I am using a windows 10 pro 32 bit architecture pc.My pc had become so slow these days so i thought to do a clean installation.But i have few important files in other disks like that of the photo uploaded.I have a doubt if the data in disk other than the system reserved is going be erased or not.Please reach out to me ASAP.

Thanks,

Harshilbyggari What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done c4ffbc88-8ab5-4ba2-ac30-8b749c726bc1?upload=true.png

:)

HarshilByggari, Apr 19, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 19, 2021
  3. little cat, Apr 19, 2021
  4. What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done

1. What Happens to Other Drives When a clean installation is done - Similar Threads - Happens Drives clean

2. What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives: Hi, I want to reset my laptop and reinstall Windows. I follow the steps :Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything -> Only the Drive where Windows is installed-> two options: - Just remove my files 1- Remove and clean the drive 2The last...
  3. What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives: Hi, I want to reset my laptop and reinstall Windows. I follow the steps :Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything -> Only the Drive where Windows is installed-> two options: - Just remove my files 1- Remove and clean the drive 2The last...
  4. What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What's a clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's a clean install: Im scared on getting Windows 10 November 2021 Update, I think it might reset my PC, does a clean install reset the wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-a-clean-install/ee390ad8-7e4e-4b61-8de6-3fcc134eb9f7
  6. What's a clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's a clean install: Im scared on getting Windows 10 November 2021 Update, I think it might reset my PC, does a clean install reset the wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-a-clean-install/ee390ad8-7e4e-4b61-8de6-3fcc134eb9f7
  7. Just done a clean install of W10

Just done a clean install of W10: I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 pro and when I open Macrium reflect i find that my SSD drive, which I use purely for the O/S, has been split into four partitions. Does anyone know why this would be please. I would have thought that doing the clean install...
  8. What happened in insert boot disk just after installation has done ?

What happened in insert boot disk just after installation has done ?: HereHow to Move Users Profile Folder to another Location in Windows 10 In "Windows 10, clean install“ Block, third paragraph Now turn off the PC. Insert the imaging boot disk and reboot from it, create a system image. As Windows is quite barebone at the moment it only...
  9. What is a clean install

What is a clean install: I plan to buy W 10 when it comes out if it is not outrageously expensive. I will put it on my laptop which was originally W 8, then updated to W 8.1. I need to know how to prep the laptop. I keep seeing a "clean install" and do not know what that means. I can reformat it if...
  10. What happens when you clean install, having previously upgraded to Pro

What happens when you clean install, having previously upgraded to Pro: I upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home through the usual method, but I wanted to clean install, so I used Microsofts tool for creating install media and made a windows home usb stick and clean installed from that. Activation worked automatically as expected and...