Windows 10: What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

Discus and support What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So In short all I'm trying to figure out here is If I can keep the windows 10 pro license I purchased on the current laptop I'm selling and if there's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DantePalazzolo, Mar 30, 2021.

1. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

So In short all I'm trying to figure out here is If I can keep the windows 10 pro license I purchased on the current laptop I'm selling and if there's a different process when resetting the laptop if I would like to keep it on this device. I don't want to transfer it to a new computer or keep it. I want to include it when I sell the laptop. My please asap

:)

DantePalazzolo, Mar 30, 2021

2. Sell a Laptop with Windows 10 License.

Hey ,

I'd like to sell my laptop , including the Windows 10 license on It. Do you have any suggestions how to do it?

StoyanSpasov, Mar 30, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 30, 2021
  4. myagkov-a Win User

What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

1. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop? - Similar Threads - happens Pro license

2. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  3. Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon: Dear Team,Recently i have saw Windows 11 Pro license on Amazon.in website, it's shown around Rs. 3800/- Kindly advise for Shall i have use that license copy in our commercial premises?...
  4. Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon: Dear Team,Recently i have saw Windows 11 Pro license on Amazon.in website, it's shown around Rs. 3800/- Kindly advise for Shall i have use that license copy in our commercial premises?...
  5. Want to sell a laptop with oem windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to sell a laptop with oem windows 10 license: Hi everyone! I bought a laptop that has an OEM license. I have connected my Microsoft account to the laptop. I wonder if there is anything else that I have to do besides factory reset so the person that is going to buy it from me has access to Windows. submitted by...
  6. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?: So In short all I'm trying to figure out here is If I can keep the windows 10 pro license I purchased on the current laptop I'm selling and if there's a different process when resetting the laptop if I would like to keep it on this device. I don't want to transfer it to a new...
  7. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?: So In short all I'm trying to figure out here is If I can keep the windows 10 pro license I purchased on the current laptop I'm selling and if there's a different process when resetting the laptop if I would like to keep it on this device. I don't want to transfer it to a new...
  8. What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?: I want to be able to transfer it. There's a sale in a local retailer now and I'm confused with this OEM and Retail branding. What is the difference between these? I want a Win 10 Pro key which I can transfer from one PCs to another if needs be. submitted by /u/Deranox...
  9. Windows 10. What’s happening to my laptop??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. What’s happening to my laptop??: Can someone help me??? Whats happening to my laptop. Missing text. Is this a virus??[IMG][IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-whats-happening-to-my-laptop/b637c5ef-0a02-4923-a2fe-2a189ec5710a
  10. What happens to my Windows license when I switch to a new computer ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happens to my Windows license when I switch to a new computer ?: On my current circa 2011 PC, i have Windows 10 which I freely upgraded from a previous Windows 8 64 bit, which I installed myself (System Builder license). I want to finally buy a new computer, as my old one is having issues, but I would like to keep the Windows license if...