Windows 10: What Happens to Windows 10 Pro Digital License (Purchased upgrade) after In-warranty...

Discus and support What Happens to Windows 10 Pro Digital License (Purchased upgrade) after In-warranty... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a Surface Go with Windows 10 Home. Love it. Then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro at Microsoft Store. I dropped the thing, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DudePlayingADudeActingAsA, Dec 27, 2018.

1. What Happens to Windows 10 Pro Digital License (Purchased upgrade) after In-warranty...

Hello,

I purchased a Surface Go with Windows 10 Home. Love it.

Then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro at Microsoft Store.

I dropped the thing, the screen shattered, machine broke (not booting up), and had it sent for hardware replacement.

The hardware replacement comes with its own Windows 10 Home license, and not with Windows 10 Pro.

I scoured the interwebs on how to transfer the digital license from the old machine to the new machine, but the only viable option it seems is to purchase a new Windows 10 Pro digital license since it's locked to the hardware; because apparently I should have uninstalled from the previous machine before I sent for repair -- but how if the machine is no longer booting up?

Posting this question is my last resort.

My boss called me if I had setup all my emails. In a rambling rage "you switched to a fancy Nancy not-IT-supported-machine that requires Windows 10 Pro, bitlocker, and Microsoft Company portal just to do emails just cough up the $$$ gawddarn it".

He gave me one of the old HP bricks in the office. I think he is punishing me.

I now use my ultra-light Surface Go to do work, then use a USB drive to transfer to a brick HP to send emails.

Is there a better way?

With love,

SadAndConfusedDude

:)

DudePlayingADudeActingAsA, Dec 27, 2018
  2. ehiadmin Win User

Digital license upgrade to windows 10 pro

I bought a digital windows 10 upgrade to pro in 2017 for a dell laptop and recently I had Dell service a faulty hard drive and switched out the drive under warranty with a clean install to Windows Home. Now I'm trying to reinstall the windows pro upgrade
    to the same laptop, but I don't have the option to and its telling me I need to buy it again. How can I get the windows 10 pro upgrade digital license installed on the same computer?

ehiadmin, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key

When trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro we are getting this error 0xc004f050. The original license is a digital license and the upgrade we are trying to perform is a purchased license key.

JaneelGiga, Dec 27, 2018
  4. What Happens to Windows 10 Pro Digital License (Purchased upgrade) after In-warranty...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

What Happens to Windows 10 Pro Digital License (Purchased upgrade) after In-warranty...

1. What Happens to Windows 10 Pro Digital License (Purchased upgrade) after In-warranty... - Similar Threads - Happens Pro Digital

2. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  3. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  4. Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?: Hello,I am planning to upgrade my Win 10 Pro machine to Win 11 Pro. I currently have a digital license.If, say six month from now, I decided I was not a fan of Win 11 and wanted to go back to Win 10, would that be possible? If I fully formatted my machine, and installed a...
  5. Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?: Hello,I am planning to upgrade my Win 10 Pro machine to Win 11 Pro. I currently have a digital license.If, say six month from now, I decided I was not a fan of Win 11 and wanted to go back to Win 10, would that be possible? If I fully formatted my machine, and installed a...
  6. Windows 10 Digital License after upgrade the edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License after upgrade the edition: Hi, so i want to ask a question. If you already have a Windows 10 digital license that linked to microsoft account, and then upgrade the edition of Windows 10 example from home to pro, the digital license will change? Or deleted?...
  7. What happens to digital license on old machine

What happens to digital license on old machine: Hello, I am building a new machine in the next few days. I have a digital license for Windows Pro 64 bit on the old machine. When installing Win10 64 bit on the new machine I'd like to use that digital license to get the Pro features. So, what happens to the old...
  8. Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade: Hello, I've changed my hardware recently (motherboard, CPU...). Since then, I cannot re-activate my digital license. The error code is 0x803FA067. Before the changes, I linked my Windows digital license with a Microsoft account (following this:...
  9. Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license

Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license: I recently upgraded from Home to Pro. But upon the first reboot, my computer said I was running an unauthorized version of WIN10 Enterprise. I upgraded to Pro not Enterprise and now I can't activate my computer because it's looking for an Enterprise digital license. What...
  10. What happens to Win7 License after upgrading to Windows 10?

What happens to Win7 License after upgrading to Windows 10?: I have a Family 3-Pack of Windows 7 Home Premium installed and activated on 3 PCs using the same Product Key. If I upgrade one of the PCs to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, does that free up one of the Windows 7 licenses to use on another PC? 36816

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens to licence key upgrades during warranty

2. windows 10 pro upgrade on warranty replacement

3. will upgrade to windows 10 pro invalidate warranty