Windows 10: What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer?

Discus and support What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just updated my Windows 10 to version 1909 from 1836 last week, but I may have to do a factory restore on my laptop. Will Windows upload... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaffyDuckKangaroo, Feb 15, 2020.

1. What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer?

Hello,

I just updated my Windows 10 to version 1909 from 1836 last week, but I may have to do a factory restore on my laptop. Will Windows upload again as 1836 -- its original build -- or will it go straight to 1909 during the restore? And why is the lockscreen blurry after the update to 1909? It happened on two laptops.

Thanks,

Daffy D

:)

DaffyDuckKangaroo, Feb 15, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 15, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 15, 2020
  4. What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer?

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer?

1. What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer? - Similar Threads - happens Versions Factory

2. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??: What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-windows-factory-restore/7255b625-51ab-4a4e-90a8-7703ddabb177
  3. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??: What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-windows-factory-restore/7255b625-51ab-4a4e-90a8-7703ddabb177
  4. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore: After being forced to make a factory image restore of my computer I started using it with no issues, today however, everytime i boot it up it seemed to be slower than the last now it takes up to 7 minutes to even reconize that i put my pin in to log in which takes 10 minutes...
  6. What is happening with my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is happening with my computer?: Something is wrong with my computer today. When I tried to log on, I got a long wait, a black screen, and some message from something called ShellHelper.exe saying something about "unknown exception error." I tried looking this up, I found that it could either be malware, or...
  7. restore computer to factory settings

restore computer to factory settings: How do I reset a new HP computer to factory settings so I can return it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/d3ce5854-fa30-4adf-b850-e67354b74a1b
  8. restore computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore computer to factory settings: I'm returning this computer to seller and I want to restore to factory settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/2743d7b9-e0f4-40d4-beb6-af070a6d1c93
  9. What will happen if I restore Windows?

What will happen if I restore Windows?: I am currently having problems with my laptop and would like to restore the laptop completely to the state it was when it was new. I understand you can restore Windows in the settings at the Update & Security tab, but what I would like to know is what will happen if I restore...
  10. Can previous windows version restore happen automatically?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can previous windows version restore happen automatically?: I help a friend with her computer, and gave it a good clean up, disk clean, virus and malware scan, privacy scan, emptying histories etc. and installing the Windows Malicious software tool. She had her online banking hacked and the fraud squad wouldn't let her have online...