Windows 10: What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

Discus and support What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to delete my Microsoft account, but I'm unsure of what will happen with my PC since it runs on Windows. What will happen with all my files? Will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eon_, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Eon_ Win User

What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

I want to delete my Microsoft account, but I'm unsure of what will happen with my PC since it runs on Windows. What will happen with all my files? Will i get locked out?

:)

2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account? :(

Zakin, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

1. What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - happens delete Microsoft

2. I unlink my Microsoft account what Will happen I worried and ITS not my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unlink my Microsoft account what Will happen I worried and ITS not my account: HELPPP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unlink-my-microsoft-account-what-will-happen-i/a66244fa-b3b2-46e0-8e05-a56c6ddff8cc
  3. I unlink my Microsoft account what Will happen I worried and ITS not my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I unlink my Microsoft account what Will happen I worried and ITS not my account: HELPPP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unlink-my-microsoft-account-what-will-happen-i/a66244fa-b3b2-46e0-8e05-a56c6ddff8cc
  4. What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?: I want to delete my Microsoft account, but I'm unsure of what will happen with my PC since it runs on Windows. What will happen with all my files? Will i get locked out?...
  5. What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will...: What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will become the administrator then? Because when I try to change my accounts type it says that account A (administrator account) is still the administrator when I supposedly change account b to...
  6. What happens if I leave my Microsoft account as a member?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What happens if I leave my Microsoft account as a member?: Will my account be erased if i leave my microsft family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-leave-my-microsoft-account-as-a/6e43672b-d3f9-417c-9aca-0efbe3d3fc00
  7. What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft...: Would it prompt you to set up a local account? or prompt you to sign up/log in to another Microsoft account or would some sort of error occur? I am curious....
  8. What happen if I log in with local account instead of microsoft account and then delete my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happen if I log in with local account instead of microsoft account and then delete my...: I use a microsoft account from years ago now I switch it to a local account and I decide to remove my previous microsoft account. Now I just want to know what will happen if I do so. I mean to say if there will be any harmful effect done if I do or how much app or software or...
  9. What happened to my account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happened to my account?: Why is my other account being reviewed by moderators? I simply tried to post the following question but it always froze and now it says my account is being reviewed and all my posts are missing. Why? No insults, no hate - just pointing out a bug that happend again after...
  10. Outlook 2016, What happens to email when you delete an account?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016, What happens to email when you delete an account?: Hello, We are getting ready to change internet service providers and we will be discontinuing an email address with which we have been receiving POP3 mail for many years. We are already using our new email address, which is a gmail address, with Outlook, and that is an...