Windows 10: what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

Discus and support what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; what happens when i do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Microsoft-Kullanıcısı, Sep 13, 2021.

1. what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

what happens when i do?

:)

Microsoft-Kullanıcısı, Sep 13, 2021

2. Cannot delete a file on an External hard drive on windows 10

It is not entirely clear if the offending items are files or folders. To deal with either, I'll give you four commands. Two should work, two will fail.

• Use your mouse to mark the first code line below, then press Ctrl+C to copy it. The line starts with "cmd" and ends with "pause".
    • Press the Windows key + R, then press Ctrl+V to paste the code line.
    • Press Enter.
    • Repeat Steps 1 . . 3 for the remaining three code lines.

cmd /c rd /s /q "\\?\e:\New Downloads\Con Man (2018) [WEBRip] [1080p] [YTS.AM]" & pause

cmd /c rd /s /q "\\?\e:\New Downloads\Con Man (2018) [WEBRip] [1080p]1 [YTS.AM]" & pause

cmd /c del /s /q "\\?\e:\New Downloads\Con Man (2018) [WEBRip] [1080p] [YTS.AM]" & pause

cmd /c del /s /q "\\?\e:\New Downloads\Con Man (2018) [WEBRip] [1080p]1 [YTS.AM]" & pause

Frederik Long, Sep 13, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Corrupted recycle bin in C: drive Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Open a Command Prompt window as administrator:

(Click your Start Button, type cmd, right click Command Prompt in the resulting list and choose 'Run as Administrator')

Paste the following command and hit Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

Close the Command Prompt window and restart your system

That's It!

DaveM121, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Pauli O Win User

what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

Windows.old Folder in C:

"So what would I enter in the cmd line?" rd /S /Q C:\Windows.old

"will this still remove it". Why don't you try to see if it help.

Pauli O, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

1. what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd? - Similar Threads - happens enter cmd

2. I have a doubt about " rd /s /q H:\$Recycle.bin " commend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a doubt about " rd /s /q H:\$Recycle.bin " commend: I want to know once i run this commend for recycle bin correpted error. it is affect our drive data or not ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-doubt-about-rd-s-q-hrecyclebin-commend/22e75084-693e-4210-94a0-47b74f7517df
  3. Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray: Hello,I was having an issue where I couldn't empty or view my recycle bin and I found a forum that recommended using this command to fix the recycle bin, I figured it would be fine because my recycle bin is already messed up and the command specified the recycle bin so I...
  4. Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray

Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray: Hello,I was having an issue where I couldn't empty or view my recycle bin and I found a forum that recommended using this command to fix the recycle bin, I figured it would be fine because my recycle bin is already messed up and the command specified the recycle bin so I...
  5. Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. i ran the command rd /s /q C:\Windows\System32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i ran the command rd /s /q C:\Windows\System32: my friends told me to run the command in the tittle and because i didnt know what it did, i ran it. but it messed with every app in my pc. how can i revert this change?...
  7. i ran the command rd /s /q C:\Windows\System32

i ran the command rd /s /q C:\Windows\System32: my friends told me to run the command in the tittle and because i didnt know what it did, i ran it. but it messed with every app in my pc. how can i revert this change?...
  8. rd c:\ /s /q + del /f /s /q c:\ does not break the windows 10

rd c:\ /s /q + del /f /s /q c:\ does not break the windows 10: officially typing this command "rd c:\ /s /q" will broke the windows and no longer get into windows, however i'd tested that if i did that and also type "del /f /s /q c:" and the windows screen just suddenly black and desktop is deleted, some botton on taskbar missing....
  9. RD /S /Q DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RD /S /Q DESKTOP: Hi, I ran RD /S /Q and cd'ed to the desktop to delete a corrupted folder but everything on my desktop disappeared. Is there a fix for this? Please help il lost over 5 months of data....
  10. Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything...

Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything...: Hello, I ran this command on a coworkers computer because he has an error in his recycle bin that would force him to restart his computer every 2 hours because the bin was corrupted or to close out of the dialogue box. I ran this command based on a Youtube fix that I saw...