Windows 10: what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

Discus and support what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; what happens when i do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Microsoft-Kullanıcısı, Sep 13, 2021.

1. what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

what happens when i do?

:)

Microsoft-Kullanıcısı, Sep 13, 2021

2. Cannot delete a file on an External hard drive on windows 10

It is not entirely clear if the offending items are files or folders. To deal with either, I'll give you four commands. Two should work, two will fail.

• Use your mouse to mark the first code line below, then press Ctrl+C to copy it. The line starts with "cmd" and ends with "pause".
    • Press the Windows key + R, then press Ctrl+V to paste the code line.
    • Press Enter.
    • Repeat Steps 1 . . 3 for the remaining three code lines.

cmd /c rd /s /q "\\?\e:\New Downloads\Con Man (2018) [WEBRip] [1080p] [YTS.AM]" & pause

cmd /c rd /s /q "\\?\e:\New Downloads\Con Man (2018) [WEBRip] [1080p]1 [YTS.AM]" & pause

cmd /c del /s /q "\\?\e:\New Downloads\Con Man (2018) [WEBRip] [1080p] [YTS.AM]" & pause

cmd /c del /s /q "\\?\e:\New Downloads\Con Man (2018) [WEBRip] [1080p]1 [YTS.AM]" & pause

Frederik Long, Sep 13, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Corrupted recycle bin in C: drive Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Open a Command Prompt window as administrator:

(Click your Start Button, type cmd, right click Command Prompt in the resulting list and choose 'Run as Administrator')

Paste the following command and hit Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

Close the Command Prompt window and restart your system

That's It!

DaveM121, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Pauli O Win User

what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

Windows.old Folder in C:

"So what would I enter in the cmd line?" rd /S /Q C:\Windows.old

"will this still remove it". Why don't you try to see if it help.

Pauli O, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

1. what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd? - Similar Threads - happens enter cmd

2. What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What happened when I deleted the only user on windows 10 from cmd: I first used net user "username" /delete command to delete the only user from the win 10 desktop. And then when I sign out to sign in again, my password isn't being taken. Rather when I try to reset my password, it shows to use a password reset disk. What should I do?...
  3. What happens when I disable Windows 10 in S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happens when I disable Windows 10 in S mode: I am considering purchasing a new Windows PC. However, many if not most of those computers that I think are good buys mention that the installed OS is Windows 10 in S Mode.My question is, if I should disable S Mode will the operating system have all the features and...
  4. rd c:\ /s /q + del /f /s /q c:\ does not break the windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rd c:\ /s /q + del /f /s /q c:\ does not break the windows 10: officially typing this command "rd c:\ /s /q" will broke the windows and no longer get into windows, however i'd tested that if i did that and also type "del /f /s /q c:" and the windows screen just suddenly black and desktop is deleted, some botton on taskbar missing....
  5. RD /S /Q DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RD /S /Q DESKTOP: Hi, I ran RD /S /Q and cd'ed to the desktop to delete a corrupted folder but everything on my desktop disappeared. Is there a fix for this? Please help il lost over 5 months of data....
  6. My windows 10 got corrupted after execute ( rd /s /q C: \$Recycle. bin )

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows 10 got corrupted after execute ( rd /s /q C: \$Recycle. bin ): I was trying to fix one problem of why the documents still returning after I deleted everytime when I restart the pc. I found one solution is by fixing the recicle bin with that command, but afther i executed that, all my C disk got corrupted, I didn't make a back up, all is...
  7. What`s happened to YouTube

in Browsers and Email
    What`s happened to YouTube: Windows 10 v1909 64bit:Now when signing in to YouTube all I get is (at present)an Ebay advert in the centre of the screen which I can`t delete.I say "at present" because it is sometimes a personal post for a person who has achieved a record number of likes.Any idea why?...
  8. Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything...: Hello, I ran this command on a coworkers computer because he has an error in his recycle bin that would force him to restart his computer every 2 hours because the bin was corrupted or to close out of the dialogue box. I ran this command based on a Youtube fix that I saw...
  9. What happens if you type - into cmd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if you type - into cmd?: My friend somehow crashed my computer this way. What happened? PS he isn't my friend anymore submitted by /u/Bulbasheen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwldrw/what_happens_if_you_type_into_cmd/
  10. Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD): Hello all.. As title, unintentionally I run a batch file that contains commands to erase every files in %systemdrive%. The batch is simply like this: Del /f /s /q c:\* Pause Which mean delete forcely in-subdirectory-also quitely all files in C: I'm not really intended to do...