Windows 10: What Happens when Malware Cause System Fail to Boot?

Discus and support What Happens when Malware Cause System Fail to Boot? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Lets say I have a malware attack that makes my computer enter WinRE,does system restore always work,is system reserved drive a disk in where you can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shadowgaming885, Oct 24, 2020.

1. What Happens when Malware Cause System Fail to Boot?

Lets say I have a malware attack that makes my computer enter WinRE,does system restore always work,is system reserved drive a disk in where you can boot from,if i can boot from it,will all my computer data be erased,what if non of the antiviruses I have detect that malware?

Thanks.

[Original Title: Malware preparation]

:)

shadowgaming885, Oct 24, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Msap14 Win User

What Happens when Malware Cause System Fail to Boot?

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

What Happens when Malware Cause System Fail to Boot?

1. What Happens when Malware Cause System Fail to Boot? - Similar Threads - Happens Malware Cause

2. What would cause this? These errors keep happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would cause this? These errors keep happening: I checked for Windows updates and the driver updates that I know how to check. Sometimes it happens when I'm in the middle of a game, and sometimes the computer is idle and it will auto-restart. This last time with these error messages, I was playing a game and the screen...
  3. What would cause this? These errors keep happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would cause this? These errors keep happening: I checked for Windows updates and the driver updates that I know how to check. Sometimes it happens when I'm in the middle of a game, and sometimes the computer is idle and it will auto-restart. This last time with these error messages, I was playing a game and the screen...
  4. What happen to my laptop system

What happen to my laptop system: When i Turn on my Lenovo and login, after that my screen turn blank. My second disk in file explorer cannot be open and said "This drive is not accessible" and "invalid parameter"...
  5. What happens when all methods for the Windows Store fail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens when all methods for the Windows Store fail?: As the titles states, I have a game purchased through the Windows Store, Forza Horizon 5. No matter what I do, I can't get the Store to download the game. Consistently, I get error 0x803FB107, which seems to be a common problem. I've reset the store, cleared cache, logged...
  6. What happens when all methods for the Windows Store fail?

What happens when all methods for the Windows Store fail?: As the titles states, I have a game purchased through the Windows Store, Forza Horizon 5. No matter what I do, I can't get the Store to download the game. Consistently, I get error 0x803FB107, which seems to be a common problem. I've reset the store, cleared cache, logged...
  7. What happens when all methods for the Windows Store fail?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. What causes this to happen randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What causes this to happen randomly?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TracerXZX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf7kjc/what_causes_this_to_happen_randomly/
  9. What is the cause for this? It happens when playing games and happened today when using CAD...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the cause for this? It happens when playing games and happened today when using CAD...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/welogique [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/go8tq0/what_is_the_cause_for_this_it_happens_when/
  10. What is "msrating.DYNLINK"? system application or malware?

What is "msrating.DYNLINK"? system application or malware?: Does anyone know what this is, and whether it's a system application or malware? The program name does have quotes... (I selected the category Health & Fitness because someone was dumb and didn't include System)[ATTACH]...