Windows 10: What happens when Windows 10 ends service for an update?

Discus and support What happens when Windows 10 ends service for an update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Around this time last year, in early February, I believe, when this COVID-19 situation first shut down schools, I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonathon Cole, May 23, 2021.

1. What happens when Windows 10 ends service for an update?

Around this time last year, in early February, I believe, when this COVID-19 situation first shut down schools, I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 on it. I wasn't much concerned with it being fancy, I just needed it to finish the school year and interact with friends since I could not leave my home for some time

:)

Jonathon Cole, May 23, 2021
  2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, May 23, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 23, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

What happens when Windows 10 ends service for an update?

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace What happens when Windows 10 ends service for an update? :peace:

What happens when Windows 10 ends service for an update? 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, May 23, 2021
Thema:

What happens when Windows 10 ends service for an update?

1. What happens when Windows 10 ends service for an update? - Similar Threads - happens ends service

2. Windows Update - End of Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - End of Service: I have a computer equipped with the following O/SWindows 10 Ho,eVersion: 1803Installed on 2018-08-22OS Build 17134.1246I haven't used it for a while and I am trying to run Windows Update, but it says that my Windows version has "reached end of service". I understand that...
  3. Windows Update - End of Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - End of Service: I have a computer equipped with the following O/SWindows 10 Ho,eVersion: 1803Installed on 2018-08-22OS Build 17134.1246I haven't used it for a while and I am trying to run Windows Update, but it says that my Windows version has "reached end of service". I understand that...
  4. Windows Update - End of Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What happened to Customer service ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to Customer service ?: Hello, my username was less of a concern at the moment. i want to prioritize typing this post first and worry about that later.for reasons, the phone customer service providers microsoft used to have are no longer available to the public.i don't appreciate it. but to whoever...
  6. "Windows 10 will reach end of service soon". When is this?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Windows 10 will reach end of service soon". When is this?: Greetings, Microsoft Answers is down right now. There is a new Windows Update Status icon on the Taskbar. When I hover the mouse over the icon, the yellow tip says "Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to...
  7. So today this happened, no surprise what happens when you end process for windows :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So today this happened, no surprise what happens when you end process for windows :): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DessieFarrell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iob7c6/so_today_this_happened_no_surprise_what_happens/
  8. What will happen after Windows 10 ends support?

What will happen after Windows 10 ends support?: Ok. So, I recently heard that mainstream support for Windows 10 will end this year and extended support will end in 2025. However, when I heard that, I thought of one question. What will happen after Windows 10 ends support? I mean, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 would...
  9. What happens when 1803 reaches end of life date

What happens when 1803 reaches end of life date: I'm still running v 1803 and really have no desire to update but I read that 1803 is going to be past its use by date sometime in the next four months. I've not been offered any update so what happens if the end of 1803 life is reached and I still haven't upgraded? Thanks...
  10. Deferring 'feature' updates - What happens at end of support?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deferring 'feature' updates - What happens at end of support?: I'm on 1803 still. Support runs out in November, after which MS push an updated build on me. I'm wondering if that is going to to be 1903/1909, or 1809. Needless to say, I'd rather stay on the lowest supported build, 1809. Will they push the latest feature update on me in...