Windows 10: What happens when you close an email account

Discus and support What happens when you close an email account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so im looking to close my yahoo mail account, yahoo says that after 30 days someone else can take my yahoo mail email address if they want. Chances... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dell, Sep 7, 2018.

1. dell Win User

What happens when you close an email account

Hi, so im looking to close my yahoo mail account, yahoo says that after 30 days someone else can take my yahoo mail email address if they want. Chances of that happnening are slim to none. But if someone ever did would they start getting my emails from people or companies that I didnt tell them I changed my email address? Kinda confused, wanted to check first.

dell, Sep 7, 2018

2. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Sep 7, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 7, 2018
  4. What happens when you close an email account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

What happens when you close an email account

1. What happens when you close an email account - Similar Threads - happens close email

2. What happens when you change accounts on PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens when you change accounts on PC?: So recently my Microsoft account was hacked into and credentials were changed. Ive been in talks with the Cyber Division and they had me make a new account and "transferred" gave for free to replace my Microsoft Office 2021. They basically said they couldnt go back into the...
  3. What happens when you change accounts on PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens when you change accounts on PC?: So recently my Microsoft account was hacked into and credentials were changed. Ive been in talks with the Cyber Division and they had me make a new account and "transferred" gave for free to replace my Microsoft Office 2021. They basically said they couldnt go back into the...
  4. What happens when you change accounts on PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Closing an email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Closing an email account: When I close a Hotmail account, do I lose the messages I have archived? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-an-email-account/96c2f975-3ed3-4c65-96ad-033ab22d0dd3
  6. How to set what happens when you close the laptop lid using PowerCFG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set what happens when you close the laptop lid using PowerCFG in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are man laptop users who want to close the lid but do not […] This article How to set what happens when you close the laptop lid using PowerCFG in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. What happens, when you highlight filename?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happens, when you highlight filename?: Hello everyone I have my Windows in danish, so I hope, I use the correct terms and names. When I do the following with an image-file: 1) Right click – open with – Windows Picture app – right click on the motive – File information – out on the left, doube click on the file...
  8. What happens when you reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What happens when you reset Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers an in-built feature which allows you to reset Windows 10. This feature comes in handy on many occasions, but have you wondered what happens when you reset Windows 10? In this guide, we will share all the details [...] This post What happens...
  9. What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?: I know how to disable OneDrive but wonder what will take its place in the defaults for Word, Excel and Oulook's PST files among many other apps. Thanks. 122819
  10. Outlook 2016, What happens to email when you delete an account?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016, What happens to email when you delete an account?: Hello, We are getting ready to change internet service providers and we will be discontinuing an email address with which we have been receiving POP3 mail for many years. We are already using our new email address, which is a gmail address, with Outlook, and that is an...