Windows 10: What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?

Discus and support What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know how to disable OneDrive but wonder what will take its place in the defaults for Word, Excel and Oulook's PST files among many other apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Dec 3, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?

I know how to disable OneDrive but wonder what will take its place in the defaults for Word, Excel and Oulook's PST files among many other apps.

Thanks.

:)

JJG10, Dec 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 3, 2018
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Dec 3, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

One Drive Uninstall or Disable

Won't work.
    It will lead you to Programs and Features.
    But, you won't find Onedrive listed there because it is part of the operating system. It cannot be uninstalled.
    Disable is the only option available.

davidhk, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive? - Similar Threads - happens disable uninstall

2. What happens when you change accounts on PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens when you change accounts on PC?: So recently my Microsoft account was hacked into and credentials were changed. Ive been in talks with the Cyber Division and they had me make a new account and "transferred" gave for free to replace my Microsoft Office 2021. They basically said they couldnt go back into the...
  3. What happens when you change accounts on PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens when you change accounts on PC?: So recently my Microsoft account was hacked into and credentials were changed. Ive been in talks with the Cyber Division and they had me make a new account and "transferred" gave for free to replace my Microsoft Office 2021. They basically said they couldnt go back into the...
  4. What happens when you change accounts on PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. What happens when you disable all Windows Widgets Feed Interests?

in Windows 10 News
    What happens when you disable all Windows Widgets Feed Interests?: The Widgets window on Windows 11 is a controversial feature. It is liked by some users, as it gives quick access to weather and stock market information, sports, news and a lot more. Others dislike it or consider it unsuitable for minors. Windows 11 users may customize the...
  6. What happens if I uninstall an update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I uninstall an update?: I’m going to have to update my computer soon and there’s apparently been a lot of problems with it, including an identified connectivity bug. If anything goes wrong with it where I have to uninstall the update, will everything still be there? Will I lose any files or...
  7. What happens, when you highlight filename?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happens, when you highlight filename?: Hello everyone I have my Windows in danish, so I hope, I use the correct terms and names. When I do the following with an image-file: 1) Right click – open with – Windows Picture app – right click on the motive – File information – out on the left, doube click on the file...
  8. What happens when you reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What happens when you reset Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers an in-built feature which allows you to reset Windows 10. This feature comes in handy on many occasions, but have you wondered what happens when you reset Windows 10? In this guide, we will share all the details [...] This post What happens...
  9. What happens when you close an email account

What happens when you close an email account: Hi, so im looking to close my yahoo mail account, yahoo says that after 30 days someone else can take my yahoo mail email address if they want. Chances of that happnening are slim to none. But if someone ever did would they start getting my emails from people or companies...
  10. What happened to my OneDrive?

What happened to my OneDrive?: I got an email today from microsoft about all the "wonderful" changes they made to onedrive. I went online and looked at my cloud storage and am ticked (not the word I'm using in my head) that they changed everything so that it's filed by date (like google drive/photos)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what will happen if i uninstall onedrive

2. what will happen if i uninstall one drive

3. what happens if i uninstall onedrive

4. if i delete onedrive what happens,
  5. what happens if i uninstall one drive,
  6. what happens when you uninstall onedrive,
  7. What happens if I turn off one drive,
  8. one drive uninstalling,
  9. what happens when iuninstall onedrive,
  10. what happens when you hide one drive ,
  11. what happen s when you uninstall one drive,