Windows 10: What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?

Discus and support What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know how to disable OneDrive but wonder what will take its place in the defaults for Word, Excel and Oulook's PST files among many other apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Dec 3, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?

I know how to disable OneDrive but wonder what will take its place in the defaults for Word, Excel and Oulook's PST files among many other apps.

Thanks.

:)

JJG10, Dec 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 3, 2018
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Dec 3, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

One Drive Uninstall or Disable

Won't work.
    It will lead you to Programs and Features.
    But, you won't find Onedrive listed there because it is part of the operating system. It cannot be uninstalled.
    Disable is the only option available.

davidhk, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive? - Similar Threads - happens disable uninstall

2. Disable Microsoft OneDrive without uninstalling it. How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Microsoft OneDrive without uninstalling it. How?: Microsoft OneDrive interferes with my activities and pirates from other programs I'm using. How can I disable it? I may want to use it later but NOT RIGHT NOW so I prefer not to uninstall. Please help....
  3. What happens when you close an email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens when you close an email account: Hi, so im looking to close my yahoo mail account, yahoo says that after 30 days someone else can take my yahoo mail email address if they want. Chances of that happnening are slim to none. But if someone ever did would they start getting my emails from people or companies...
  4. WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!: There are these random things installing on my windows 10 computer and keeps on giving me alerts to delete them and says that its a virus and the severity is high I donk know what to do im scared please answer asap...
  5. Outlook 2016, What happens to email when you delete an account?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016, What happens to email when you delete an account?: Hello, We are getting ready to change internet service providers and we will be discontinuing an email address with which we have been receiving POP3 mail for many years. We are already using our new email address, which is a gmail address, with Outlook, and that is an...
  6. What happened to my OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my OneDrive?: I got an email today from microsoft about all the "wonderful" changes they made to onedrive. I went online and looked at my cloud storage and am ticked (not the word I'm using in my head) that they changed everything so that it's filed by date (like google drive/photos)...
  7. What will happen if you change your Processor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What will happen if you change your Processor?: I have an intel core 2 duo 2.20 ghz and I bought an intel core quad extreme 3.0 ghz My motherboard is xfx nforce 680i sli which supports the intel core quad extreme. What do I need to do before I install? 74903
  8. What happens when you clean install, having previously upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens when you clean install, having previously upgraded to Pro: I upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home through the usual method, but I wanted to clean install, so I used Microsofts tool for creating install media and made a windows home usb stick and clean installed from that. Activation worked automatically as expected and...
  9. What do you think will happen when the final version is released?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do you think will happen when the final version is released?: I have read most of all the threads here and just wondered when the final version is ready to release and I say yes to the update to my desktop PC what will it do? I know it will use my previous Windows Prod ID to install but wondered if it really will be like a fresh...
  10. WHAT happened?

in Windows 10 Support
    WHAT happened?: At church this morning, the guy explained that he had personally designed his three year old Windows 7 tower as a gaming computer. A computer shop had them ordered the parts and assembled it, and it worked fine. About a week ago, he upgraded to Windows 10, and now he can't...