Windows 10: What happens when you turn off a computer at the wrong time?

Discus and support What happens when you turn off a computer at the wrong time? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just wondering. Please include- Different scenarios on what happens, Where it is possible, and, use at least one of the top 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GDMASTER, May 15, 2019 at 10:42 AM.

1. GDMASTER Win User

What happens when you turn off a computer at the wrong time?

Just wondering.

Please include-

Different scenarios on what happens,

Where it is possible,

and, use at least one of the top 2.

:)

2. Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 15, 2019 at 10:46 AM
  3. Merliah Win User
    Computer is shutting down immediately after turning it on?

This has started to happen recently and I'm worried. It does not happen always but this week it happened more often. Basically when I am turning my computer on, after a beep it's shutting down. With the second time it turns on and it does not list that my computer shut down suddenly, so to get me into safe mode, etc. but it boots normally.

I am not sure what the problem is. I removed an additional small fan I had, since I always had it there in the usb, so I thought it could be causing it, but I removed it. I decided to replace my power adapter, since other times I had problem with that & usually they are heating a lot. I bought a cheaper adapter & still the same. I also noticed that this problem usually happens when I turn on my computer after hours. I tried to turn on/turn off my computer between minutes and it did not happen.

Could it be dust? The CPU? I just hope there isn't any problem with the motherboard.

4. What happens when you turn off a computer at the wrong time?

Turning Cortana Back On

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens when you try to turn it on?
    • Do you get any error message when your trying to turn it on?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer after you turned Cortana Off?

For now, I would suggest that follow the steps below and check if you are able to start Cortana.

• Go Settings, Time & Language, Speech, Speech, inking, & typing
      privacy settings.
    • Get to know me - turns Cortana on

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 15, 2019 at 10:46 AM
Thema:

What happens when you turn off a computer at the wrong time?

1. What happens when you turn off a computer at the wrong time? - Similar Threads - happens turn off

2. What happens when you reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What happens when you reset Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers an in-built feature which allows you to reset Windows 10. This feature comes in handy on many occasions, but have you wondered what happens when you reset Windows 10? In this guide, we will share all the details [...] This post What happens...
  3. What is wrong with her computer?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is wrong with her computer?!: Ok so i built a gaming computer for my wife last year around tax time. specs: ryzen 3 APU, 16gb corsair ram, gigabyte AB350N mini-itx mobo, cooler master 500w power supply and a silicon power 240gb ssd, running windows 10. im having to restore windows again for the 3rd time....
  4. What happened to my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my computer?: so i was using the windows 10 october update 1309 and closed a program when suddenly, the google chrome, virtualbox, and explorer.exe icons on my taskbar and my apps on the desktop dissapeared! All my folders and files on the quick launch dissapeared! My downloads folder was...
  5. What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?: I know how to disable OneDrive but wonder what will take its place in the defaults for Word, Excel and Oulook's PST files among many other apps. Thanks. 122819
  6. What happens when you close an email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens when you close an email account: Hi, so im looking to close my yahoo mail account, yahoo says that after 30 days someone else can take my yahoo mail email address if they want. Chances of that happnening are slim to none. But if someone ever did would they start getting my emails from people or companies...
  7. WiFi turning off when using computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turning off when using computer: I can use the internet on my phone with no problems but whenever i connect my HP laptop to the internet, the Wi-Fi stops working and no devices including the computer can access the internet until i turn the laptop off. Please help!...
  8. Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time: Greetings, and thank you for reading this thread. As the title states, my computer will turn off the display or go to sleep (not sure of correct terminology) when I go idle for a short period of time. For instance, I get up to get a glass of water and when I come back,...
  9. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...
  10. Monitor Turns off- Clean Installed 5 times! Still happening

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Turns off- Clean Installed 5 times! Still happening: I'm beyond frustrated with this issue. I've been running windows 10 for quite some time when I had multiple crashes yesterday whilst gaming, culminating in a failed registry fix I attempted which locked me out of windows. After reinstalling windows, I was presented with...