Windows 10: What happpened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11?

Discus and support What happpened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What happened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thomas Elrod 01, Dec 28, 2022.

1. What happpened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11?

What happened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11?

:)

Thomas Elrod 01, Dec 28, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 28, 2022
  4. What happpened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11?

Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 28, 2022
Thema:

What happpened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11?

1. What happpened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11? - Similar Threads - happpened Pictures folder

2. What happpens if I close my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happpens if I close my account?: I have been attempting to sign in to my Microsoft Account for about two weeks. Do not remember the correct password. I have purchased Microft 365 but cannot get into it. Have been using my e-mail address. They told me that I had tried to many times to reset it and to try...
  3. What happpens if I close my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happpens if I close my account?: I have been attempting to sign in to my Microsoft Account for about two weeks. Do not remember the correct password. I have purchased Microft 365 but cannot get into it. Have been using my e-mail address. They told me that I had tried to many times to reset it and to try...
  4. What happpened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happpened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11?: What happened to my "Pictures" folder when I upgraded to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happpened-to-my-pictures-folder-when-i/9609c8f7-d02a-4b9e-a7f6-020ccc57958b
  5. Windows no longer has a My Pictures folder, so what do I do when prompted for it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer has a My Pictures folder, so what do I do when prompted for it?: I'm playing a game that requires access to My Pictures in the Documents folder. If I attempt to create the folder, I receive a message that it already exists and prompts me to merge it with the existing Pictures folder. In fact, it does not exist, and this game's search is...
  6. Windows no longer has a My Pictures folder, so what do I do when prompted for it?

Windows no longer has a My Pictures folder, so what do I do when prompted for it?: I'm playing a game that requires access to My Pictures in the Documents folder. If I attempt to create the folder, I receive a message that it already exists and prompts me to merge it with the existing Pictures folder. In fact, it does not exist, and this game's search is...
  7. window 11 picture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 picture folder: I bought a new computer with windows 11 on it. I have now received my pictures file which I cannot open. I would like delete all of my photos because I have backup already. I cannot delete the photo files I get an error 0x8007016A but it really does not tell me much in how to...
  8. window 11 picture folder

window 11 picture folder: I bought a new computer with windows 11 on it. I have now received my pictures file which I cannot open. I would like delete all of my photos because I have backup already. I cannot delete the photo files I get an error 0x8007016A but it really does not tell me much in how to...
  9. my pictures folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pictures folder: my pictures folder displays all my pictures, it also displays about 30% on the right, a section that gives info on each picture. I don't want that. I would rather see all the pictures full screen. I will watch this forum for an answer or send the fix, to my email. Thank...
  10. What causes folders to load slowly when folder type is "Pictures"?

in Windows 10 Support
    What causes folders to load slowly when folder type is "Pictures"?: I know that when folder is optimized to be 'Pictures' (in the Properties>Customize tab) it loads slowly. For example the Download folder would low very slowly if it's not set to be "General items" But why exactly does that happen? Or that's more of a code thing/bug and...