Windows 10: What hardware is broken? Help!!!

Discus and support What hardware is broken? Help!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Over the past few months, my PC (which is quite old now, mostly assembled in 2014) has been having some crashes. These weren't blue screens,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LouisO'Halloran, Mar 22, 2019.

1. What hardware is broken? Help!!!

Hi,

Over the past few months, my PC (which is quite old now, mostly assembled in 2014) has been having some crashes.

These weren't blue screens, they were hard crashes that required a hard reset. I tried reinstalling Windows, which seemed to make a difference when I did it. Strangely, the crashes would start and stop. It would crash constantly for a week, and not do it again for a few weeks.

Recently, I started to get these crashes again. However, this time as well, I would get some graphical glitches and the computer would slow down until I had to hard reset it.

I did the Windows 10 reset thing, but it crashed halfway through. Now, I cannot launch into Windows or anything. Most strangely, though, when I turn on my computer the BIOS logo is zoomed in/in a really small resolution. When it's like this, I cannot launch into the BIOS or the boot menu. If I leave the computer for a bit, I can get into the BIOS. But it is so strange that the BIOS launches in this small resolution.

So what is wrong? It could be the SSD, the graphics card, the motherboard? Really need help here. Thanks. Build is below.

CPU: AMD FX-8350
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 670 4GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX990-UD3 (rev 3.0)
    PSU: Corsair 750w

:)

LouisO'Halloran, Mar 22, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Mar 22, 2019
  4. What hardware is broken? Help!!!

Headphones wont register in Computer. (not broken and require no hardware to install, was working before)

Hi Peter,

This issue might occur due to the missing or corrupted drivers. Please follow the method
    below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run Hardware troubleshooter and checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the method below.

Method 2.

I suggest you to make sure that the headphone that you are using are set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Playback devices”.
    • Now, right click on empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the headphone is enabled & set as default.
    • Reconnect your headphones and check if issue is resolved.

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with your headphones. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

What hardware is broken? Help!!!

1. What hardware is broken? Help!!! - Similar Threads - hardware broken Help

2. Can someone help identify what hardware is causing this error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help identify what hardware is causing this error?: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎6/‎2024 2:41 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff848564a89050Parameter 2:...
  3. Can someone help identify what hardware is causing this error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help identify what hardware is causing this error?: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎6/‎2024 2:41 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff848564a89050Parameter 2:...
  4. Brightness is broken, help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness is broken, help!: I was trying to change brightness, but couldn't. I decided to troubleshoot with a restart and that didn't help. I have tried many things, like changing it in powershell, but it still wouldn't change. Have tried almost everything at this point. Help! Along with that, when I...
  5. Brightness is broken, help!

Brightness is broken, help!: I was trying to change brightness, but couldn't. I decided to troubleshoot with a restart and that didn't help. I have tried many things, like changing it in powershell, but it still wouldn't change. Have tried almost everything at this point. Help! Along with that, when I...
  6. Please help identify what hardware error cause BSoD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help identify what hardware error cause BSoD.: Recently I restarted my laptop, it hang on restart screen for 10 mins then BSod appear only for 5 secs before booting again. I checked then found this error, I also include minidump file:Date‎15/‎03/‎23 2:37 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused...
  7. Please help identify what hardware error cause BSoD.

Please help identify what hardware error cause BSoD.: Recently I restarted my laptop, it hang on restart screen for 10 mins then BSod appear only for 5 secs before booting again. I checked then found this error, I also include minidump file:Date‎15/‎03/‎23 2:37 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused...
  8. Hardware help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware help?: Hello there everyone! so today i was wondering if I can get help on this issue I've come across today? i was doing my daily play on Minecraft until my screen decided to freeze as my computer crashed. i decided to turn it off, but once it was turned back on i came upon a...
  9. Windows update or broken hardware?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update or broken hardware?: I've been having a recent issue that persisted even though I switched from a regular WD 1TB HDD to a Samsung 870 EVO SSD. The issue is whenever I press on something like "personalize" or "display settings" it just opens up a command prompt for ~1 second and closes. Another...
  10. Hardware help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware help: Hi, This is a problem that started today. My earphones, which always works on my pc started having some problems. When I play something, the sound is audible but the words are distorted. I want to know how to fix that or if it can be fixed at all. my laptop is a Dell...