Windows 10: What has happened to my Taskbar?

Discus and support What has happened to my Taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My TASKBAR suddenly went AWOL It had quite a large number of icons, probably around 50, almost all of which vanished. In fact the only ones left were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jun 16, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

What has happened to my Taskbar?

My TASKBAR suddenly went AWOL It had quite a large number of icons, probably around 50, almost all of which vanished. In fact the only ones left were in the overspill thingy. I transferred those to the Bar and a few more returned automatically, following a number of Boots, plus I added some back from the Start Menu but that procedure stopped working. I only have one 'line' of icons whereas I previously had four. Plus the Bar itself is not as it was: There is no overspill area, no up/down arrows to reveal hidden icons, no arrow to display the Desktop list, nothing to separate the Notification area etc. Most or all of the icons on the far left and right are present, eg. search, Cortana and Task View / battery /speakers / keyboard / Notifications etc. It is what should be displayed between them that is missing.

I expected to restore the Taskbar in Settings but nothing tried there made any difference. It is the first time I have anything quite like that happen.

:)

clayto, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 16, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 16, 2020
  4. What has happened to my Taskbar?

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

What has happened to my Taskbar?

1. What has happened to my Taskbar? - Similar Threads - has happened Taskbar

2. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What has happened?: I've exhausted every step known to man. This is a fresh install of windows 10 and this is how it installed. It will not detect hardware and it will not accept the manufacturers drivers....
  3. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has happened?: I've exhausted every step known to man. This is a fresh install of windows 10 and this is how it installed. It will not detect hardware and it will not accept the manufacturers drivers....
  4. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What is happening to my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to my taskbar?: As you can see the weather is glitching, also then it back to normal and glitch again.Also when I click it it just restart File explorer.What is happening? Why? How I solve it?My Laptop features:OS: Windows 10Laptot model: Packbard bellx64...
  6. What is happening to my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is happening to my taskbar?: As you can see the weather is glitching, also then it back to normal and glitch again.Also when I click it it just restart File explorer.What is happening? Why? How I solve it?My Laptop features:OS: Windows 10Laptot model: Packbard bellx64...
  7. What is happening to my taskbar?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. What on Earth has happened?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What on Earth has happened?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mattcfo1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9xjqo/what_on_earth_has_happened/
  9. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???: After a recent update Cortana dies not work like it use to before the update. My laptop has windows 10 pro installed on it. Windows 10 pro is up to date. I have reset my pc but this did not fix the issue with Cortana. I wish I had not have reset windows 10. I lost some...
  10. What has happened to Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What has happened to Windows?: I don't understand what is going on at Microsoft. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 about 2 years ago and initially I thought all was great. Now, with each new Windows 10 update, my high end laptop becomes more like an expensive paperweight. I cannot permanently...