Windows 10: What has happened to the icons on my start menu

Discus and support What has happened to the icons on my start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I opened my start menu yesterday and this is what I found. Why are "some" of the icons showing with that black background? 140473 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Nikilet Win User

What has happened to the icons on my start menu

I opened my start menu yesterday and this is what I found. Why are "some" of the icons showing with that black background?

:)

Nikilet, Sep 13, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 13, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

What has happened to the icons on my start menu prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

1. What has happened to the icons on my start menu - Similar Threads - has happened icons

2. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  3. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  4. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  6. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  7. What happened to my icons?

8. What happened to my desktop/is this full screen start menu?

What happened to my desktop/is this full screen start menu?: Hi, I have a question about whats going on with my computer. A little while ago my husband was trying to get our printer to work on our laptop and after several updates something happened with our laptop and as somebody who doesn't use the computer often I don't even know...
  9. What is this icon overlaying on my start menu icon

What is this icon overlaying on my start menu icon: What does this icon on top of start menu icon mean? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-icon-overlaying-on-my-start-menu-icon/19a55bcc-69c4-4e26-8a42-bf3d96a46432
  10. What happened to my start menu?

What happened to my start menu?: When I clicked on my Start menu, normally I would see the multiple groups and apps I pinned to Start. Such as calculator, notepad, etc. However, everything was gone. It looked like it resetted all of the apps I had pinned. I could see the default apps pinned and the Start...