Windows 10: What has happened to Windows?

Discus and support What has happened to Windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't understand what is going on at Microsoft. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 about 2 years ago and initially I thought all was great.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoelBondi, Jan 12, 2020.

1. NoelBondi Win User

What has happened to Windows?

I don't understand what is going on at Microsoft. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 about 2 years ago and initially I thought all was great. Now, with each new Windows 10 update, my high end laptop becomes more like an expensive paperweight. I cannot permanently disable Windows 10 updates to prevent further damage. The drivers that were created for the hardware in my system have been usurped by "Windows 10 drivers" that aren't worth a hill of beans. I cannot delete the Windows 10 drivers because I "lack permission" to modify my own computer. My fingerprint reader no longer works, my NVidia card errors out and lacks it's once luster performance, my SSD drive is about as fast as an old HDD, and on and on. Windows security features have made it impossible to fix the f-ups caused by Windows 10.

If I can't get back the control I once had with past versions of Windows XP or Windows 7 then I am going to have to write off Microsoft and jump ship to Mac.

Microsoft does not seem to understand that it was the ability to modify and customize Windows that made it appealing. Does anyone have any insights as to how to delete the Windows drivers that have usurped my OEM drivers and how to disable the burdensome security features that prevent me from modifying Windows to suite my needs?

By the way, I HATE this "APP" idea going on with Windows. I DON'T WANT YOUR APPS, I WANT MY PROGRAMS THAT I LOAD AND USE.

:)

NoelBondi, Jan 12, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 12, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. What has happened to Windows? - Similar Threads - has happened

2. What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro...: What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro digital key on a PC that already has a Windows 11 Home key with digital key support?Will the Windows 11 Home license override the Windows 11 Pro license or vice versa? Or will the Microsoft...
  3. What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro...: What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro digital key on a PC that already has a Windows 11 Home key with digital key support?Will the Windows 11 Home license override the Windows 11 Pro license or vice versa? Or will the Microsoft...
  4. I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...: I've been unable to open my settings and no, the windows button does not work. I am unable to open my settings and hence unable to open my settings. please help...
  5. I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...

I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...: I've been unable to open my settings and no, the windows button does not work. I am unable to open my settings and hence unable to open my settings. please help...
  6. My pc has black loading screen on boot up but when I try to safe boot it nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc has black loading screen on boot up but when I try to safe boot it nothing happens: Need help with black loading screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-black-loading-screen-on-boot-up-but-when/6aff955b-099c-4cce-985f-4b10bce5808f
  7. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f
  8. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f
  9. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can you help me save my computer against the "something happened and the pin has reset" or...

Can you help me save my computer against the "something happened and the pin has reset" or...: Heya I don't know what I did but I activated something in some sort of settings called safe boot or something then it told me to restart my pc so I did and now it is doing the pin thing and when I press the reset pin twice it says "I need an app" but I can't download the app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2020 Win 10 64 1903 lack of permission authority on my own computer