Windows 10: What has locked the Favorites?

Discus and support What has locked the Favorites? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I'm trying to backup my Edge Legacy Favorites and Reading list. A tutorial says to copy... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Shanester, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Shanester Win User

What has locked the Favorites?

Greetings,

I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers.

I'm trying to backup my Edge Legacy Favorites and Reading list. A tutorial says to copy this folder:

%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStor e\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\

However, Robocopy says the following files are being used by another process:

spartan.edb
    spartan.jfm
    spartan.pat
    LogFiles\edb.log

All applications are closed when I run backup.

How can I find out which application has locked the favorite files? Someone showed me how to do this using sysinternals but it was so long ago I forgot.

Thanks,
    Shane.

:)

Shanester, Feb 3, 2021
  2. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Feb 3, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

MS Edge and moving favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

There is no option to Move, you can add the site to favorites bar

• Open the site, click on add to favorites or reading list
    • Select the save location as Favorites bar
    • Then you will be able to see the sites in favorites bar

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

1. What has locked the Favorites? - Similar Threads - has locked Favorites

2. What's your favorite web browser?

in Browsers and Email
    What's your favorite web browser?: What's your favorite web browser to use? My favorite web browser to use is Firefox ESR 181791
  3. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  4. My husbands favorite bar has my favorite bar on it now. What happened?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My husbands favorite bar has my favorite bar on it now. What happened?: Two mornings ago, I went on my computer and my husbands favorites bar was across the top. Mine was gone. Now mine are back, but my husbands computer favorites are mine. Help....
  5. What was my favorite sport in college

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What was my favorite sport in college: lacrosse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-was-my-favorite-sport-in-college/d9f39d39-06d8-42c0-972d-5bc1dd0f10c9
  6. What was my favorite sport in college?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What was my favorite sport in college?: I get a message saying print heads need cleaning, and the printouts are stripey, but I can't access any place to clean them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-was-my-favorite-sport-in-college/967fee0a-6987-445b-8085-e846824e39a7
  7. What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?: In the File explorer there is the Favorite folder. I can add folder links there to access tem after. The bad thing about it is that I can not unfold it to directyl access targets inside. so every time I need to access one of my favorites I have to first navigate to the...
  8. favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    favorites: how can I copy my favorite to another computer? I did try linking my account to the other computer with no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites/16aff835-10e0-402a-ba29-73dcc03b2f6f"
  9. What is this lock.()

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this lock.(): Please help.....I was using My laptop and suddenly windows defender gave a warning to remove unsafe file and l did...after sometime all my files had changed to blank and their file names started with lock. then real name for the file.I have looked for any solution with no...
  10. What's your favorite game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's your favorite game?: What's your favorite PC Game? Share it here! 49627