Windows 10: What has my Edge browser to do with a bank account?

Discus and support What has my Edge browser to do with a bank account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I was browsing Google News with my two-year-old Asus desktop using Windows 10 version 1903 and, suddenly, a full screen warning appeared to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rosv_297, Nov 9, 2019.

1. rosv_297 Win User

What has my Edge browser to do with a bank account?

Today I was browsing Google News with my two-year-old Asus desktop using Windows 10 version 1903 and, suddenly, a full screen warning appeared to inform me in English that Edge had a problem with my firewall (or lack of firewall, don't quite remember) and that the co-ordinates of my bank account had been stolen (none of the running apps were related to my bank). Superimposed on the large warning, there was a small square with blank windows to be filled with name, surname and other ID items (although no information on my bank was requested).

I tried to close Edge or move to any apps were running, but the only activity allowed was the filling of those windows -- which I didn't do. It was nice to see that at least the command for shutting the computer off worked all right.

On restarting the computer, everything was extremely slow until the machine froze for a minute or so. Then it came back to life and everything has been working as usual for the rest of the day. At some point, I even resumed my review of Google News (without opening the paper I was reading when the problem occurred -- which was a very minor publication in Italian with padded with live ads) and all was as usual.

While performing my daily work, I also did a full scan that ran for an hour or two and, after it completed, I got the usual assurance that no problems had been found.

Is that kind of intrusion common these days? If it is, is it serious? Thanks.

:)

rosv_297, Nov 9, 2019
  2. ck200011 Win User

Can't view a copy of a cancelled check online banking site using the edge browser.

I cleared browsing history, caches and cookies. No luck. The online bank site opens a blank screen, but no access to the needed pdf.

I then went back to Edge settings at the right top corner. Opened settings . Clicked on "open with Internet Explorer". Signed in at the online bank site . Clicked on " view check". A second window opened and I could view the check.

ck200011, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Can't view a copy of a cancelled check online banking site using the edge browser.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to view online banking site using the Microsoft Edge, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Please let us know if you have tried to access this website using any other browser.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Borg 386, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. What has my Edge browser to do with a bank account? - Similar Threads - has Edge browser

2. Malwarebytes Browser Guard has blocked my bank website saying there's a trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes Browser Guard has blocked my bank website saying there's a trojan: Wrote to Malwarebytes 2 days ago and have gotten no help.I've listed the site on the 'Allow List' but nothing changed. I've got past due bills and can't login to my bank!...
  3. Malwarebytes Browser Guard has blocked my bank website saying there's a trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Browser Guard has blocked my bank website saying there's a trojan: Wrote to Malwarebytes 2 days ago and have gotten no help.I've listed the site on the 'Allow List' but nothing changed. I've got past due bills and can't login to my bank!...
  4. My bank account has been wrongly billed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bank account has been wrongly billed: My bank account has been wrongly billed for a service I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bank-account-has-been-wrongly-billed/3f829858-d8a6-421e-a5e7-baf969675b35
  5. My bank account has been wrongly billed

My bank account has been wrongly billed: My bank account has been wrongly billed for a service I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bank-account-has-been-wrongly-billed/3f829858-d8a6-421e-a5e7-baf969675b35
  6. I have a charge on bank account I do not know what it is

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have a charge on bank account I do not know what it is: I have a charge on account I do not know what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-charge-on-bank-account-i-do-not-know-what/a2c7b688-f924-4318-a431-68231f9ca203
  7. I have a charge on bank account I do not know what it is

I have a charge on bank account I do not know what it is: I have a charge on account I do not know what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-charge-on-bank-account-i-do-not-know-what/a2c7b688-f924-4318-a431-68231f9ca203
  8. charge on my bank account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    charge on my bank account: Hi,I have noticed that I am being charged 14.99/ month and I do not know what it is for.They started on 2/22/22 I think. I thought it was for my dropbox account for more storage on my phone, but I am not sure this is correct.What shows up on my bank account varies: NNT...
  9. charge on my bank account

charge on my bank account: Hi,I have noticed that I am being charged 14.99/ month and I do not know what it is for.They started on 2/22/22 I think. I thought it was for my dropbox account for more storage on my phone, but I am not sure this is correct.What shows up on my bank account varies: NNT...
  10. bank account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    bank account: where do i check which bank account my yearly 365 account is linked to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bank-account/15671315-65ee-4b6f-9ca8-31c9161f5740