Windows 10: What has taken my space on D Drive?

Discus and support What has taken my space on D Drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My desktop has C & D partions. My question is related to D partion. In disk management I can see 'D' has 465GB. When I go to Explorer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeddie, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Jeddie Win User

What has taken my space on D Drive?

Hello,
    My desktop has C & D partions. My question is related to D partion.

In disk management I can see 'D' has 465GB.
    When I go to Explorer and right click properties I can see;
    Used space 22GB
    Free space 443GB
    Total 465GB

But in 'D' all I have are some folders containing mp3 songs. In explorer, when I right click on my top level of music in D, it says 7.65GB? There is nothing else in D that I am aware of?

So what is taking up 15GB on my D Drive?

:)

Jeddie, Apr 4, 2017

2. my laptop app;ications has taken all of the space on my pc

ok my laptop has and issue it came with have of its drive full and i could download anything on my laptop with out my thumb drive and its wants an up date but can get one because of the applications it came with if you can help me to fix this issue please
    help me

Moved from: (Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers)

OmarColley, Apr 4, 2017
  3. 800 +gb has taken my free space after resting my laptop back by doing factory settings...

What has taken my space on D Drive? [​IMG]

After a few days ( after resetting it) It came like this please help me get back my large space because it really bugs me. BTW when I reset this with factory setting, it was WAY more less then 70+ free space. It was less than a half by the looks of it. Thank
    you.

MiguelClark, Apr 4, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Apr 4, 2017
  5. Jeddie Win User
    Went to that site. It doesn't say it is compatible with win 10?

Jeddie, Apr 4, 2017
  6. Jeddie Win User
    I just went to Start > Settings > System > Storage. I can see 14.5 Gb in Temp files. So I click on it and it says 'Empty Recycle bin'.

So it seems D Drive is looking at Re cycle bin to determine how much space D has?

I would of thought 'Recycle bin' would have counted toward C Drive capacity only?

Attachment 128310

Jeddie, Apr 4, 2017
  7. derekimo Win User
    It works just fine in W10,

What has taken my space on D Drive? [​IMG]

derekimo, Apr 4, 2017
  8. What has taken my space on D Drive?

WinDirStat works well, or try Tree Size which is linked in my signature. I know that Tree Size works in Windows 10.

ArazelEternal, Apr 4, 2017
  9. liboct87 Win User
    Bro m using windirstat on windows 10 professional. its working fine

liboct87, Apr 4, 2017
  10. Berton Win User
    I believe the Recycle Bin can be set for any additional partitions or physical drives but also can be disabled for specific partitions or drives.

Berton, Apr 4, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    The Recycle Bin on the C: drive is associated with all other drives on the computer. If you delete files from your D: drive, or any other drive, It will put them in the Recycle Bin on the C: Drive. If it is an external USB drive, and you remove the drive but do not Empty the Recycle Bin, the Recycle Bin icon on the C: drive will show as filled, even if you Emptied it. You would have to reconnect the Removable drive and Empty the Recycle Bin or run Disk Cleanup.

spunk, Apr 4, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    So what you are saying is it I delete a 4 GB file from D: drive, I have to wait for that entire 4 GB file to be copied to C: drive and C: drive used space is going to increase by 4 GB?!?

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What has taken my space on D Drive? - Similar Threads - has taken space

2. What to store on my D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to store on my D Drive: I have 1.3 out of 1.5 terrabites free on my D Drive.What can/ should be safely stored on there and what is the most effiecient way of transfering the things that can be safely stored there...
  3. What to store on my D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to store on my D Drive: I have 1.3 out of 1.5 terrabites free on my D Drive.What can/ should be safely stored on there and what is the most effiecient way of transfering the things that can be safely stored there...
  4. Hard drive space being taken up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space being taken up: Hello Microsoft forums! So I have a problem on my computer with my hard drive, so, my hard drive is 111gb, i know its not alot but my computer broke and i had to get a new hard rive and this was the cheapest offer, but i was recently trying to download unreal engine to make a...
  5. One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!: I haven't used one drive in quite a while, but got a notification that I had files uploaded and to buy more space. I decided to log in to one drive to see what I had stored. One drive moved multiple folders, including work save folders and so on to one drive. I now can NOT...
  6. Recovery Drive D: out of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Drive D: out of space: I've been getting a note that Drive D; is running out of space. When I select Drive D: the only option is Help. I reduced Drive C: by 5GB but can't expand Drive D: Disk Management shows 260 MB Healthy Ef, WIndows C: 909.98 GB, 4.88 GTB Unallocated, 980 MB Healthy Recov,...
  7. My D drive has suddenly disappeared.

My D drive has suddenly disappeared.: I was browsing around on the internet and then my computer completely froze up, so I shut it down and when I started my computer back up, the D drive was suddenly gone. It doesn't show up in File Explorer, Disk Management, Device Manager or anything. I have tried re scanning...
  8. C drive almost full but D drive has lots of space!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive almost full but D drive has lots of space!: Hi, I would like to know if I can move "Users" from the C drive to the D drive as the C drive is almost full and I have lots of space on the D drive?...
  9. Space in Recovery Drive (D)

Space in Recovery Drive (D): My HP_RECOVERY (D) Drive has used 9.39 GB from 10.6 GB - is this normal and to be expected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/space-in-recovery-drive-d/b358918b-353e-43cd-a1f4-105e0d40e737
  10. Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.

Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.: My Recovery D is full and is all red . I had to do a recovery and it couldn't remove enough without destroying important and computer info. I do not want community please. I don't understand very well. **Title modified from: I have no recovery space it's all red***...