Windows 10: What Have You Done to My PHOTO???????

Discus and support What Have You Done to My PHOTO??????? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; You idiots at Microsoft updated my windows 10 to give me a new windows experience and deleted ALL of my files, including my photographs! Where are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim ThePhotographer, Aug 31, 2019.

1. What Have You Done to My PHOTO???????

You idiots at Microsoft updated my windows 10 to give me a new windows experience and deleted ALL of my files, including my photographs! Where are they? My "new windows experience" is horrible!!! Where are my files???? They were there yesterday. They are not there today!!!!

:)

Jim ThePhotographer, Aug 31, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done What Have You Done to My PHOTO??????? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 31, 2019
  4. What Have You Done to My PHOTO???????

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

What Have You Done to My PHOTO???????

1. What Have You Done to My PHOTO??????? - Similar Threads - Done PHOTO

2. Print problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print problem - I may have fiddled with ports and dont understand what I have done: Printing problem. I have recently moved and changed to Sky broadband. TV set up ok and wifi to Canon printer works fine on my phone. It seems to be ok on the printer which prints out a test page but when I try to print there is a message in print queue to say there is a...
  3. i am trying to create email folders on Windows 10. Can you advise me how this is done. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am trying to create email folders on Windows 10. Can you advise me how this is done. I...: I am trying to create email folders on Windows 10. Can you advise me how this is done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-create-email-folders-on-windows-10/b7ee713c-aa4a-4ef1-b881-07da8bd79e0f
  4. The recent windows update done something awful.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The recent windows update done something awful.: hello, My sister started to have an issue with windows 10. The recent windows update done something awful. When the update was finished my sister couldn't sign into her window's account we tried to restart the computer itself and then, everything seem to reseted for...
  5. Getting error loading. What can be done?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting error loading. What can be done?: keep getting "error loading type library/DLL. error code: 0x80029c4a what can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/getting-error-loading-what-can-be-done/d4767f47-be8d-496d-ac5b-2ef404253023
  6. In Win 10, is there any way to group "I'm done with the computer" actions in one spot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    In Win 10, is there any way to group "I'm done with the computer" actions in one spot?: Currently when a user is done (or taking a break) from the computer, actions they might choose to take are not grouped helpfully together... Shutting down and sleeping are in a different spot than logging out or switching users. This is like putting forks and spoons in...
  7. windows 10 does not accept webroot. I have paid for a three year contract. done with it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 does not accept webroot. I have paid for a three year contract. done with it...: Need my money back for my 3 year contract https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-accept-webroot-i-have-paid-for/f6727111-2bd4-4e07-bf5f-20cd77b37b32
  8. Why does windows 10 not change the system locale even when i have done it correctly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does windows 10 not change the system locale even when i have done it correctly?: I have attempted to change my system locale from english to japanese in order to install a japanese game and its required files. I followed all the instructions, went to the time and language tab and the clicked additional date time and regional formatting afterwards i have...
  9. trying to load new copy of windows 10 on a linux machine, any one done this?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    trying to load new copy of windows 10 on a linux machine, any one done this?: trying to load windows 10 on a linux machine any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-load-new-copy-of-windows-10-on-a-linux/b6a9d829-82e0-4ee9-8046-d92bf1edaa2d"
  10. Windows 1903 update had done it again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1903 update had done it again: My computer will not reinstall google chrome, which the 1903 update maliciously removed, because the system administrator has set a group policy preventing it. Well I AM the system administrator, or at least I sure as hell better be, of my little three computer home...