Windows 10: What HDD maintenance programs do you use?

Discus and support What HDD maintenance programs do you use? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just came across Disk Checkup by PassMark software. PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility What do you use for accurate regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

What HDD maintenance programs do you use?

Kol12, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Rong Jie Win User

Questions about Automatic Maintenance

I am not sure if there is a better name for Automatic Maintenance, I am referring to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.

How I know defragmentation is part of Automatic Maintenance:

• Open Defragmenter.
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.
    • Start Maintenance.
    • Go back to defragmenter, you will see it starts running.
    Since Automatic Maintenance will try to run during idle time and defragmentation is part of it, my HDD is being (partially) defragmented everyday. Is it harmful to my HDD?

Rong Jie, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. What HDD maintenance programs do you use? - Similar Threads - HDD maintenance programs

2. best program for PC maintenance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    best program for PC maintenance: is there any program or anything I can do to get blazing fast performance? I have a couple questions... am I allowed to post system specs on here? do I have a decent video card? do I have a decent processor? im very good with computers, but not too familiar with hardware....
  3. What "Gamer" Gear Do You Use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What "Gamer" Gear Do You Use?: Curious to know what all of you are running as far as "gamer gear" (keyboard, mouse, headset, ect.). I'm using a Logitech K380 wireless keyboard, Logitech MX wireless mouse, and a pair of Apple ear buds (which are surprisingly really good). I also have a Logitech G230...
  4. What audio player do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What audio player do you use?: What audio player do you use to play music on Win 10? The default one works pretty fine(not great), but sometimes it freezes for a few seconds. Any suggestion? 46945
  5. do you use this program ExperienceIndexOK ? is it safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do you use this program ExperienceIndexOK ? is it safe?: Hi i found this program ExperienceIndexOK it's portable , it has not an installation A small program and an effective solution to read and show your Windows Experience Index or to start a new calculation of the performance index. The program is primarily written for...
  6. What do you use for a Media Player?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do you use for a Media Player?: Hi. Wondering what folks here use for a Digital Media Player in your entertainment systems. Standalone player? Which one? Wired or wireless? HTPC or NUC? TV or Bluray player using Windows DLNA? I've got a WD TV Live, very long in the tooth, and getting ready to...
  7. Hulu, What Are You Doing?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hulu, What Are You Doing?: See system specs. For some reason, if I run Hulu on my primary display at full HD (1920x1080) and do anything else on my other display, it causes my GTX 970 to peak out at 1366MHz and 1.2V, and will even stutter the video during playback. Note, my graphics card when not...
  8. Touch users - what do you use to clean the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch users - what do you use to clean the screen: Hi there I like playing with some touch stuff on a laptop - but what do you use to clean the screen -- in bright sunlight it's easy to see some smear / finger marks (Yes even in Iceland you do get some sunshine !!!!!). Water (even the 100% clear stuff we have - probably...
  9. Upgrade or clean install - what do you use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade or clean install - what do you use?: After my upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 I was very happy with the new OS on my Acer Aspire M3920 desktop. Everything worked perfect, no hardware or software problems at all. Then I read on several tech forums that many or mayby most people did prefer a clean install of...
  10. Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider: Windows 10 Maintenance: What Has Changed & What You Need to Consider Written by Gavin Phillips October 12, 2015 Windows 10 maintenance has changed. What does that mean for you? It means improvements to Recovery, and Security, while Windows Update is operating a...