Windows 10: What HDD maintenance programs do you use?

Discus and support What HDD maintenance programs do you use? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just came across Disk Checkup by PassMark software. PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility What do you use for accurate regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

What HDD maintenance programs do you use?

Kol12, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Rong Jie Win User

Questions about Automatic Maintenance

I am not sure if there is a better name for Automatic Maintenance, I am referring to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.

How I know defragmentation is part of Automatic Maintenance:

• Open Defragmenter.
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.
    • Start Maintenance.
    • Go back to defragmenter, you will see it starts running.
    Since Automatic Maintenance will try to run during idle time and defragmentation is part of it, my HDD is being (partially) defragmented everyday. Is it harmful to my HDD?

Rong Jie, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. What HDD maintenance programs do you use? - Similar Threads - HDD maintenance programs

2. What is WevtUtil and how do you use it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is WevtUtil and how do you use it?: [ATTACH]WevtUtil.exe is a command-line utility in the Windows operating system, used primarily to register your Provider on the computer. The tool is placed in %windir%\System32 folder. This command is limited to members of the Administrators group and must be run with...
  3. What Maintenance/Optimizer Tools Do You Use?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What Maintenance/Optimizer Tools Do You Use?: Hi, I have used WiseCare 365 Pro for years since Windows 7 I think, sometimes Windows built in. Now I use Auslogics Boost Speed 12, it is amazing so many functions it has, I know so have Windows, but this is my way of doing it.*Smile Windows 10 Pro Version:19042.685. 171792
  4. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?: I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options. If I want to save the CD music files in FLAC in Windows, what program do I have to use? 159198
  5. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

in Windows 10 Support
    When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?: I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options. If I want to save the CD music files in FLAC in Windows, what program do I have to use? 159198
  6. What do you use as antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you use as antivirus?: Im using Windows Defender as full antivirus and Malwarebytes (Free version) So far. I've never had viruses malware on my computers. I started doing this 2016-2017. Are paid antivirus products not worth it now? Back then i used to use Bitdefender and it was pretty good. It...
  7. What "Gamer" Gear Do You Use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What "Gamer" Gear Do You Use?: Curious to know what all of you are running as far as "gamer gear" (keyboard, mouse, headset, ect.). I'm using a Logitech K380 wireless keyboard, Logitech MX wireless mouse, and a pair of Apple ear buds (which are surprisingly really good). I also have a Logitech G230...
  8. What audio player do you use?

What audio player do you use?: What audio player do you use to play music on Win 10? The default one works pretty fine(not great), but sometimes it freezes for a few seconds. Any suggestion? 46945
  9. do you use this program ExperienceIndexOK ? is it safe?

do you use this program ExperienceIndexOK ? is it safe?: Hi i found this program ExperienceIndexOK it's portable , it has not an installation A small program and an effective solution to read and show your Windows Experience Index or to start a new calculation of the performance index. The program is primarily written for...
  10. What do you use for a Media Player?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do you use for a Media Player?: Hi. Wondering what folks here use for a Digital Media Player in your entertainment systems. Standalone player? Which one? Wired or wireless? HTPC or NUC? TV or Bluray player using Windows DLNA? I've got a WD TV Live, very long in the tooth, and getting ready to...