Windows 10: What I miss in Windows 10 (feature requests)

Discus and support What I miss in Windows 10 (feature requests) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desk top gadgets for Windows 10! I can't live without these! [img] I agree with your number 9... That's been a complaint of mine for ever!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by poset, Aug 5, 2015.

1. What I miss in Windows 10 (feature requests)

Desk top gadgets for Windows 10!
    I can't live without these!

What I miss in Windows 10 (feature requests) [​IMG]

I agree with your number 9...
    That's been a complaint of mine for ever!

The delete and rename should at least be separated by a horizontal line. Grrr!

teachermark, Aug 15, 2015

2. Hi,
    I thought with 10 that you only need to download the updates on one machine
    Then the way it is set up as default the other machines will just pull the update direct from the first instead of downloading it again

I don't see an advantage of being able to download manually and apply this to all machines over just letting windows do it all locally in the background

paulsalter, Aug 15, 2015
  3. No, nor do I... unless you are worried that updates will screw up your computers.
    In that case set all your internet connections to 'metered' and do your updates at the weekend!

4. jimbo45 Win User

What I miss in Windows 10 (feature requests)

Hi there

all this supposes your machines are actually ON the Internet -- that's not always the case.

Sometimes people get so "Connected" they can't envisage situations where you actually have machines that are ISOLATED from the Internet for all sorts of good reasons -- for example High security systems, special purpose dedicated machines etc etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Good point... but probably something of a rarity for people tuned in to this forum. *Smile

6. Thomas Win User
    And the public in general.

Thomas, Aug 15, 2015
  7. That is true
    your post I was referring too mentioned home users
    not sure how many home users would be running high security systems that require no net access

paulsalter, Aug 15, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

Not for security reasons but I have another computer that never goes to internet, it's just for kiddies to play on when they come.

CountMike, Aug 15, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    Oh, I forgot, suggested this to MS a while ago, a mouse-over on Start Button to open start menu would be a nice feature.

CountMike, Aug 15, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

That's definitely a good one -- plus I can imagine some home users might want to restrict Internet usage for not just "kiddies".

I agree that running a high security system isn't usually done on Home computers - but you still could have machines where you EARN MONEY on so any disruption here could cause problems.

For example I have a dedicated Stock trading system -- I need to TEST updates before they are propagated to this machine -- If I can't trade then I can potentially LOSE a lot of money !!!.

Another dedicated machine I have is running an XP VM which has my VINYL cutting and studio creation software / hardware on. If the HOST system crashes for any reason then also I can't earn any money until it's fixed.

Whatever systems are in place I just don't believe in "The One Size Fits All" model whether it's home / private, small businesses / corporations.

@everyone -- ALWAYS -- but ALWAYS have regular backups (and verify them too) --you can't ever have too many backups. Many problems on these Forums could simply have been avoided if people had just taken a backup before altering their system(s).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 15, 2015
  11. +1

I don't understand why the useful shortcuts in Windows File Explorer to such things as size: and datecreated: (with handy drop-down calendar) are missing in Windows 10. A very retrograde step IMO, even though I often wished more of them were available.

nigelmercier, Aug 15, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    There you go, I imagine there could be many other reasons I just can't think of, that's why user should have complete control of updates. I simple Yes/No button would be enough.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What I miss in Windows 10 (feature requests) - Similar Threads - miss feature requests

2. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  3. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  4. Windows cascade feature request

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cascade feature request: Everyone know about windows cascade on the desktop. most everyone uses Alt. Tab instead. Its more effective.I would like to see something like Windows cascade where all windows minimize to their top portion only where you will only see the name of the window and have the min,...
  5. Feature request: Xbox UI for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature request: Xbox UI for Windows 10: Hi, I would like to have a feature in Windows 10 that lets you use your PC in "Xbox mode" as I call it. It's basically most Xbox features and menus on PC. It would be good for controller users that don't want the performance disadvantage that things like Steam Big Picture,...
  6. Feature Request.

Feature Request.: I have an ultra-widescreen, when pressing Win key + Left right arrow , it will snap screen left or right ...can we also have a central snap that snaps a window to the center of the screen but keeps the window size to allow you to see a quarter of the desktop either side....
  7. Windows 10 Missing Features

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Missing Features: In the recent Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004 Version, there is a feature called quick searches which appears in the search box. But for some reason, it doesn't appear in my search box. Can someone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks![ATTACH]...
  8. Feature Request

Feature Request: This a very mundane feature request, but wanted to see if Microsoft would add a left handed checkmark to the character map. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request/c7da699a-b3ce-4f95-9d43-333db05a2ad0
  9. what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows?

what is the best place to request MS add a feature to windows?: The title says it all. Original request I am looking for a program that will lock my icons on the desktop positions I put them in and I read about a program calledDesklock but I can't find any place to get it. Is this program any good and where can I find it. IfDesklock is...
  10. Windows 10 feature request or bug?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 feature request or bug?: I utilize Directory Junction (MKLINK /J) to share code resources between static and dynamic compilations also allowing my video bat files using FFMPEG to view my video sources in various stages in a single directory structure instead of across multiple physical drives. The...