Windows 10: what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?

Discus and support what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was using System restore with windows 10 when it crashed, all I can access now is the blue screens with the last one giving me the option of Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by otterbield, Sep 27, 2018.

1. what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?

I was using System restore with windows 10 when it crashed, all I can access now is the blue screens with the last one giving me the option of Advanced and on that Command Prompt. I cannot get anything else to work at all and its looking bleak. I have seen that the icacls command can give Administrative privileges but can't get the format right. Then I want to try DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

After that I want to scan so will try sfc /scannow

I am hoping this will replace the corrupt files in the registry. But anyone out there have a better idea and I will try it.

Thanks Lyn

:)

otterbield, Sep 27, 2018
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 27, 2018
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Caring1 Win User

what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?

1. what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM? - Similar Threads - icacls command administrative

2. Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...: Hi Windows 11 friends.I have no more external USB or Flashdrive to create a USB Windows 11 build 22H2 Installer to fix the drive C: Windows 11 build 22H2 nor can use its DISM or SFC Checkdisk runs fine but it's not powrful enough to fix it on its own Command Prompt among...
  3. Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...: Hi Windows 11 friends.I have no more external USB or Flashdrive to create a USB Windows 11 build 22H2 Installer to fix the drive C: Windows 11 build 22H2 nor can use its DISM or SFC Checkdisk runs fine but it's not powrful enough to fix it on its own Command Prompt among...
  4. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt: MS online support assistants often show different ways to type the commands into Command Prompt: File Checking, SFC and DISM.exe 'Scan, Cleanup, Restore, etc. from Support Microsoft online assistants. Where online, can I see the correct way to type these commands?...
  5. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt: MS online support assistants often show different ways to type the commands into Command Prompt: File Checking, SFC and DISM.exe 'Scan, Cleanup, Restore, etc. from Support Microsoft online assistants. Where online, can I see the correct way to type these commands?...
  6. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt: Hii, I am facing error while mounting windows 10 Wim file using DISM. The error i am getting is Error:5 Access is denied The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log I have attached the screen shot of the command prompt. Kindly provide any...
  8. Command Prompt Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Administrator: I am the Administrator but at the Command Prompt access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-administrator/4e28f118-973a-4b2a-a82e-0942312494b0
  9. Icacls command usage ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icacls command usage ?: Anyone familier with the Icacls command ? I want to do is make strictly a sub-folder located in Program Files have write access, then turn it off, either if possible, via a timer which I don't think is possible with the command. Or manually turn off write access. I...
  10. Command Prompt as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt as Administrator.: How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator. Henry. 87415

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism.exe administrative privileges