Windows 10: What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the...

Discus and support What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the legitimate SVCHost Service ? All you see on your Firewall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by One_Above_All, Apr 30, 2019.

1. What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the...

What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the legitimate SVCHost Service ?

All you see on your Firewall and Antivirus Logs is that the legitimate and Fully Allowed SVCHost Service is making communications to the Internet

How to identify and get rid of such a Trojan ?

How can you Look deeper into your systems to see what apps or services are using the SVCHost Service ?

Thank you and regards

:)

One_Above_All, Apr 30, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Logitech Acquires SightSpeed, Provider of Internet Video Communications Services

Logitech International today announced that the company has agreed to acquire privately held SightSpeed Inc. of Berkeley, Calif. for approximately $30 million in cash. SightSpeed is an award-winning provider of high-quality Internet video communications services. The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in early November. The acquisition of SightSpeed will provide Logitech with video calling technology and a software and services development team that can be focused on future video calling initiatives that can enable cross-platform video communications with an intuitive, lifelike experience, for people sitting in front of a personal computer or with their family in a living room.

“With this acquisition, we are significantly augmenting our current video R&D resources to help us move more quickly toward our goals for video services that complement the way people socialize, communicate and enjoy entertainment,” said Junien Labrousse, executive vice president of Logitech’s Products group.

“According to our research, there is a large untapped market of people who want to communicate with friends and family using video. But they want it to be integrated into their family lifestyle, which means going beyond the PC. We believe with SightSpeed we can help create the next wave of video communications enthusiasts.”

Founded in 2001, SightSpeed has approximately 25 employees. The company’s management team includes technology leaders with backgrounds in Internet services and software technology development. The SightSpeed services are based on SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), a standard that enables the services to be interoperable with other Internet communication services.

Impact on Financial Results for Current Fiscal Year
    The impact of the acquisition on Logitech’s current fiscal year results is not expected to be material.

Source: Logitech

malware, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 30, 2019
  4. What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the...

service host local system use my internet

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run the Internet troubleshooter and check if the issue persists.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. Please refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icon.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us for further queries on Windows. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the...

1. What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the... - Similar Threads - Trojan masquerading behind

2. Microsoft websites not loading services not communicating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft websites not loading services not communicating: This has happened before with a different update, I reset my TCPIP and winsock/flush dns and it worked, yet this has happened again.Just had a Windows Update on July 21, after a few days I get no connectivity to microsoft websites or services thus no troubleshooters.-...
  3. Microsoft websites not loading services not communicating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft websites not loading services not communicating: This has happened before with a different update, I reset my TCPIP and winsock/flush dns and it worked, yet this has happened again.Just had a Windows Update on July 21, after a few days I get no connectivity to microsoft websites or services thus no troubleshooters.-...
  4. Communicating with online services Formula 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Communicating with online services Formula 1: When i open F1 in pc it's from the microsoft store, it stays in a screen that says communicating with online services and it dont move anymore, so i can not play, does someone now what can i do? pls...
  5. Wi-Fi masquerading as an Ethernet Connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi masquerading as an Ethernet Connection?: Hi all, Newbie here. After new PC arrived and was through all the setup, I ended up with an ethernet connection that appears to be named after one of my Wi-Fi connections. Everything works fine, but I would like to know how to fix/change this. Attaching a pic. Red arrow...
  6. Internet on laptop slow. Trojans?

Internet on laptop slow. Trojans?: Hello I'm having problems with my laptop(Surface) internet since this morning. It takes about 8-10min to load an Eebsite. On all other devices in the same network the internet is fast. I think it could be a trojan. Does anyone know how to delete it? Internet auf Laptop...
  7. Programs not communicating with internet

Programs not communicating with internet: Hello, ive just purchased my first mobile wifi to my home and its speed is reaching good heights and its working perfectly for all my devices but my pc, im using an eternhet cable and im also writing this rn on my pc beacuse its actually working on most websites but my games...
  8. Wireless Printer quit communicating with the internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Printer quit communicating with the internet: My wireless printer quit communicating with the internet when I got a new modem. Did my IP Address change when I got a new modem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-quit-communicating-with-the/1600e30c-fbca-46bc-bb31-3eae328626f7
  9. What’s this Trojan TRICKBOT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What’s this Trojan TRICKBOT: Just read a report about a Trojan called TRICKBOT. Are Microsoft aware of this it can apparently affect Defender Is it being addressed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/whats-this-trojan-trickbot/b731e4d7-60d3-4407-a83c-5d607c9abf9a
  10. Communication service proces faled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Communication service proces faled: In Dutch please: Als ik start komt het venster "Communication service process faled. Tray cannot start. Hoe los ik dit op? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/communication-service-proces-faled/2df48bac-b456-493c-b685-063d2860ca08