Windows 10: What if I choose Remove files and clean the drive option?

Discus and support What if I choose Remove files and clean the drive option? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently using Redstone 5 and am going to reset my PC without losing my data on D drive. Unlike the previous version, Redstone 5 won't show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jin8864, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Jin8864 Win User

What if I choose Remove files and clean the drive option?

I am currently using Redstone 5 and am going to reset my PC without losing my data on D drive. Unlike the previous version, Redstone 5 won't show the option if I want to wipe all drive or only Windows drive. So, what if I choose that option? Will I lose my data on D drive?

:)

Jin8864, Apr 23, 2019

2. remove files and clean the drive

Hi,

There are many ways to recover your missing files. To provide you the best option, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What procedures are you referring to when you clean your drive? Did you perform a clean install?
    • Are your files synced to OneDrive?
    • Have you set up a drive for File History?

If your files are synced to OneDrive, we suggest you go to
    OneDrive Online
    and download the missing files from it.

You can also restore files or folders using File History if you have set it up before. You can refer to this

article
    for more information about this.

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 23, 2019
  3. lazwardi Win User
    Is it Reset Windows 10 Remove Files and Clean Drive will be Deleted our License Key?

hello everyone, i want ask again..if i reset my windows and choose the option remove everything, windows will ask to choose "just remove my files" or "remove files and clean drive", so if i choose to "remove files and clean drive", is it will be deleted
    my license key? now my windows is activated permanently, but i worry if i choose remove files and clean drive, windows will ask to insert license key again..who know about this?

thank you.

lazwardi, Apr 23, 2019
  4. kokTP Win User

remove files and clean the drive

I have been wrongthis option to remove files and clean the drive and want to recover the files again

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

kokTP, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

1. What if I choose Remove files and clean the drive option? - Similar Threads - choose Remove files

2. What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives: Hi, I want to reset my laptop and reinstall Windows. I follow the steps :Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything -> Only the Drive where Windows is installed-> two options: - Just remove my files 1- Remove and clean the drive 2The last...
  3. What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives: Hi, I want to reset my laptop and reinstall Windows. I follow the steps :Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything -> Only the Drive where Windows is installed-> two options: - Just remove my files 1- Remove and clean the drive 2The last...
  4. What happen to other drives when I choose Remove Files and Clean Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If i choose "Clean the drive" after choosing "Remove everything" in "Reset this PC" will it...

If i choose "Clean the drive" after choosing "Remove everything" in "Reset this PC" will it...: I want to reset my pc and clean out the C Drive without cleaning out my D & E drive. If i choose "Clean the drive" option after "Remove everything" will it delete files from the drives where windows is not installed, ie D & E drives? Please help me I just want my 2 external...
  6. Clean the drive fully or just remove files

Clean the drive fully or just remove files: Hello, I'm planning to sell my HP stream laptop and I'm wanting to reset the PC to factory settings. There are two options - "just remove my files" and "clean drive fully". I have another desktop, and I was wondering if I select "clean the drive fully" on the laptop,...
  7. Difference between "just remove files" and "remove files and clean the drive"? I have some...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difference between "just remove files" and "remove files and clean the drive"? I have some...: submitted by /u/rapatapateina [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eo8u1b/difference_between_just_remove_files_and_remove/
  8. Does "Remove files and clean the drive" option make your PC unusable?

Does "Remove files and clean the drive" option make your PC unusable?: In the past, I have used the "Reset this PC" option because my computer wasn't running well. I have always selected the option "Just remove my files" since I was keeping the PC. However, let's say I wanted to do a "deep-cleaning" of my PC in a sense. If I choose the option of...
  9. Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option".

Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option".: How can I remove an operating system entry from "choose an operating system" option at startup. I've manually deleted those extra operating systems but didn't knew that it would cause this problem. It only shows up here, I can not find any other files of Prime OS and Phoenix...
  10. Choose an option

Choose an option: Hello. As many others, I have encountered the choose an option screen. It was working perfectly fine two days ago, but when I turned it on on Sunday, it was stuck on the 'Choose an option screen'. Now, it only showed two options. Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC. None of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove files and clean the drive meaning

2. lenovo laptops remove my files or full clean

3. remove files and clean the unit

4. does remove files and clean the drive