Windows 10: What if I do not restart my PC after downloading windows update?

Discus and support What if I do not restart my PC after downloading windows update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC was not working well after downloading the cummulative update KB4580419 and KB4586781 so I reset my PC but the updates have been downloaded in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Priyanshu Mehta, Nov 11, 2020.

1. What if I do not restart my PC after downloading windows update?

My PC was not working well after downloading the cummulative update KB4580419 and KB4586781 so I reset my PC but the updates have been downloaded in the background and telling to restart but i have a fear that if something again goes wrong. But what if I do not restart My PC even the system is asking to restart to install the update ?

:)

Priyanshu Mehta, Nov 11, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What if I do not restart my PC after downloading windows update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 11, 2020
  4. What if I do not restart my PC after downloading windows update?

Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused What if I do not restart my PC after downloading windows update? :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

What if I do not restart my PC after downloading windows update?

1. What if I do not restart my PC after downloading windows update? - Similar Threads - restart downloading update

2. Restarted my pc now I need to reactivate windows, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restarted my pc now I need to reactivate windows, what do I do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  3. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  4. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  5. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?: I forgot what windows it was but i have tried everything to try i guess. It asks me if i want a windows hello pin and i say yes, but then it just says it cant over and over again. I tried to press skip for now but it just resets! what should i do?...
  7. My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?: I forgot what windows it was but i have tried everything to try i guess. It asks me if i want a windows hello pin and i say yes, but then it just says it cant over and over again. I tried to press skip for now but it just resets! what should i do?...
  8. My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Okay. What the heck is this now? I restarted after updating my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Okay. What the heck is this now? I restarted after updating my PC.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SIdhanthL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht07lj/okay_what_the_heck_is_this_now_i_restarted_after/
  10. After restarting for the newest updates. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After restarting for the newest updates. What should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gientsosage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/edvyqx/after_restarting_for_the_newest_updates_what/