Windows 10: what if my system image was saved on a drive which has gotten corrupted? will i still be...

Discus and support what if my system image was saved on a drive which has gotten corrupted? will i still be... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; will i still be able to use my system image for recovery since my pc no longer recognizes the drive. i want to back up my windows but im confused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yash27, Jan 9, 2021.

1. yash27 Win User

what if my system image was saved on a drive which has gotten corrupted? will i still be...

will i still be able to use my system image for recovery since my pc no longer recognizes the drive. i want to back up my windows but im confused between so many options. what is the safest and guaranteed way my OS along with all installed programs will be recovered, considering potential windows or hard drive corruption in near future

:)

yash27, Jan 9, 2021

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Jan 9, 2021
  4. what if my system image was saved on a drive which has gotten corrupted? will i still be...

Creating and Saving Win 10 System Images

You can save system image either on:

• A different HDD(partition)
    • External HDD
    • CD/DVD
    I don't think there is a way to save Multiple Image backups on the same drive.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

what if my system image was saved on a drive which has gotten corrupted? will i still be...

1. what if my system image was saved on a drive which has gotten corrupted? will i still be... - Similar Threads - system image was

2. Screenshots file is corrupted but the images are still accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots file is corrupted but the images are still accessible: I was cleaning up my laptop for unused screenshots before closing the files app. But when i reopened files and tried to open the screenshots file, the file said it was unavailable, as well as showing that the file is 0 bytes. Can someone please help?...
  3. Screenshots file is corrupted but the images are still accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots file is corrupted but the images are still accessible: I was cleaning up my laptop for unused screenshots before closing the files app. But when i reopened files and tried to open the screenshots file, the file said it was unavailable, as well as showing that the file is 0 bytes. Can someone please help?...
  4. System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT: When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error code 0x8007045D. Ran check disk and no issues. Bought a new external to backup to, and same issue.Then tried with Macrium...
  5. System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT: When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error code 0x8007045D. Ran check disk and no issues. Bought a new external to backup to, and same issue.Then tried with Macrium...
  6. r drive image system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    r drive image system image: I have never done back ups before so am new to this.I have r image drive and created a system image and saved on to my 2nd hard drive,I created a start up disc and booted up from it to make sure it all worked ok.my question is, the size of used space on my c drive is 59...
  7. Applications Still Saving to C: Drive After Image Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications Still Saving to C: Drive After Image Restore: I am trying to download my OS to my SSD, and have all my files and applications save to my HDD. All the files, documents, pictures etc. all save to the D: drive, but the apps still save to the C: drive even after changing the paths. I feel like I have done everything under...
  8. Which drives to image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which drives to image: My laptop has two M. 2 drives the C drive and D drive, I use Macrium Reflect weekly to image the C drive, which is then backed up to a second external drive, I then use Goodsync to back up the D drive to the same second external drive, should I be imaging both the C & D...
  9. How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I Reset my computer if my System Image is corrupted?: Hi. For the life of me, I CANNOT reset my computer!!! When I try to do a Factory Reset, whether I choose to keep all of my files or erase them all, about 10 minutes later it shows a message. "There was a problem while resetting your PC. No changes were made." [ATTACH]...
  10. Saved system image not recognized for restoration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saved system image not recognized for restoration: Windows 10 machine. Made system image back-up using Windows 7 utility within Windows 10 before sending PC out for repair. System board was replaced. However, Backup and Restore (Windows 7) does not find the image on my external hard drive....