Windows 10: What if the hard disk containing OneDrive folder crash

Discus and support What if the hard disk containing OneDrive folder crash in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If we delete any file or folder from the One Drive Folder on our PC, the file also get deleted from cloud. In the same way, if hard disk crash/data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sam9, Jan 19, 2019.

1. sam9 Win User

What if the hard disk containing OneDrive folder crash

If we delete any file or folder from the One Drive Folder on our PC, the file also get deleted from cloud. In the same way, if hard disk crash/data wipe out from it, then whether all One Drive Folder data will be deleted from cloud also. If yes than what is the safeguard.

:)

2. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 19, 2019
  3. sam9 Win User
    change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

If I change the location of onedrive folder to a truecrypt container, then whether sync will work when the container is not mounted or I will have to mount the container to sync the onedrive folder.

4. What if the hard disk containing OneDrive folder crash

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

What if the hard disk containing OneDrive folder crash

1. What if the hard disk containing OneDrive folder crash - Similar Threads - hard disk containing

2. What is the Container folder and why is it missing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the Container folder and why is it missing?: W 10 Pro 64 bit ver. 10.0.19042 Hi, I recently did a full system scan using Bitdefender after a reinstall performed by a service technician, it found 19 password protected files that couldn't be scanned. This raised some concern as want to know what these files are and that...
  3. What is the function of this 'OneDrive' folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the function of this 'OneDrive' folder?: What is the function of this 'OneDrive' folder in Users\[username] ?? [IMG] Can I safely delete it? There seems to be old stuff in it and it takes up space. Second, related question: Do I need this 'x-rated' OneDrive folder if I want to continue to use OneNote 2013?...
  4. My Hard Disk Crashed !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hard Disk Crashed !: My Hard Disk has Crashed so if i replace hard disk, would i be able to use the same keys of windows 10 & office which i was using earliear ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-disk-crashed/4fea347e-e1c4-4932-aeef-a83d8cb5031a
  5. Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive: Hello, Yesterday I discovered that a huge TEMP.DESKTOP has been created at C:\user and that folder does only contain Onedrive things. But It does contain ALL my onedrive things, also those that shall not be stored locally. BTW, my normal onedrive storage is at D:\ and that...
  6. The used size of a hard disk that contains only one folder doesn't mat

in Windows 10 Support
    The used size of a hard disk that contains only one folder doesn't mat: The used size of a hard disk that contains only one folder doesn't match exactly the size of the folder, In the screenshot below, despite the fact that the HD 1 contains only one folder, however, its used space (1.53 TB) doesn’t match exactly the size of the folder (15.4TB)....
  7. What if the hard disk containing one driver folder crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What if the hard disk containing one driver folder crash: If we delete any file or folder from the One Drive Folder on our PC, the file also get deleted from cloud. In the same way, if hard disk crash/data wipe out from it, then whether all One Drive Folder data will be deleted from cloud also. If yes than what is the safeguard....
  8. change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container: If I change the location of onedrive folder to a truecrypt container, then whether sync will work when the container is not mounted or I will have to mount the container to sync the onedrive folder. 30219
  9. What is the OneDrive folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the OneDrive folder?: I see a folder titled OneDrive in Windows Explorer and I'm not sure how it works exactly. Can someone explain? 39620
  10. What is contained in the Wim2 folder on a Discovery Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is contained in the Wim2 folder on a Discovery Drive?: First question. When the user makes a Recovery Drive the Sources folder contains both a Wim and a Wim2 image. The Wim2 is about 200mb on my Recovery Drive. Does this contain files from my specfic system like the drivers currently installed, settings, fonts and such? What...