Windows 10: What image is used for Windows Recovery Environment?

Discus and support What image is used for Windows Recovery Environment? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; reagentc /info shows path is [C:] \recovery\WindowsRE\winre.wim I also have a Recovery partition with Q:\recovery\WindowsRE\winre.wim If I rename... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamAbboushi1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. What image is used for Windows Recovery Environment?

reagentc /info shows path is [C:] \recovery\WindowsRE\winre.wim

I also have a Recovery partition with Q:\recovery\WindowsRE\winre.wim

If I rename the recovery folders above to RecoveryX (using non-windows admin tools), I can still boot into WinRE by either:

1) Boot into windows and Advanced Startup>Restart Now,

2) In Windows, Shift/Restart

3) Do a hard reboot twice in a row when Windows is loading.

Does anyone know how that could be possible??

:)

SamAbboushi1, Apr 25, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 25, 2019
  4. more123 Win User

What image is used for Windows Recovery Environment?

How to use the stock recovery partition to create a Windows image in BIOS.

Hi guys.
    I have a laptop computer with only a recovery partition (Operating System -Win7HP- has been wiped out). My question is instead of installing a fresh copy of Windows, I was wondering if there is a way to compress or copy the factory recovery partition into an .iso image file and use a Windows recovery tool to re-image the HD with the result image. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Best regards,

more123, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

What image is used for Windows Recovery Environment?

1. What image is used for Windows Recovery Environment? - Similar Threads - image used Recovery

2. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...
  3. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...
  4. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery environment: When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery system" it just restarts and goes back to the same menu. How do I fix this?...
  5. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery environment: When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery system" it just restarts and goes back to the same menu. How do I fix this?...
  6. Backing up with AOMEI Backupper using Windows System Image from recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up with AOMEI Backupper using Windows System Image from recovery Environment: Hi I wanted to ask something since I need to have a paid version of this software to use AOMEI Backup Recovery Environment and I was wondering if I can use the system image backup file I created using the standard Windows Recovery Environmentwhen you use shift+shutdown.On my...
  7. Backing up with AOMEI Backupper using Windows System Image from recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up with AOMEI Backupper using Windows System Image from recovery Environment: Hi I wanted to ask something since I need to have a paid version of this software to use AOMEI Backup Recovery Environment and I was wondering if I can use the system image backup file I created using the standard Windows Recovery Environmentwhen you use shift+shutdown.On my...
  8. Windows Recovery environment

Windows Recovery environment: I booted my pc today to a bsod with the error code Bad_system_config_info i have no idea what to do im kinda just lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-environment/90f7bd3e-2ad9-4618-a966-ed7545fb7dd4
  9. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: Recently my asus fx 505 laptop had errors so i decided to reinstall a new windows 10 with a flashdrive. I was wondering if there was any way i could recover my previous windows recovery environment or factory reset point from the windows.old after reinstalling a new windows...
  10. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: @Saltgrass just not sure what setting some of the Reagentc entries to "0" actually did. Both Winre.wim and Reagent.xml are under: C:\Windows\System32\Recovery If contains all 0's. ReAgentc will search for the Recovery Partition identified by ID type...