Windows 10: What in the world is an "integrated video card" on dell laptop?

Discus and support What in the world is an "integrated video card" on dell laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, people of the world. I have absolutely no idea how this "community" thing works. So I'm trying to download a game from Steam but it says laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Regulus538, Jan 8, 2021.

1. What in the world is an "integrated video card" on dell laptop?

Hello, people of the world. I have absolutely no idea how this "community" thing works. So I'm trying to download a game from Steam but it says laptops with an "integrated video card" might not work, whatever the **** that means. Does anyone know where that is? Settings, possibly? I really don't know and neither does my brother. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance,

Take care now,

Regulus.

:)

Regulus538, Jan 8, 2021

2. HDMI will only use the integrated video card on laptop

After upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, the HDMI will only use the integrated video card on my laptop, and will not use the dedicated video card.

I checked Dxdiag. the Windows 10 display settings, the integrated Intel 4000 Graphics properties, and the Nvidia properties, and I've disabled the integrated card. I've even tried disabling the integrated card through the BIOS, but the BIOS included with
    this laptop is anemic and has no display settings options there. (even after updating the BIOS through HP) I've updated drivers, OS, and HP manager multiple times since upgrading to no avail. I made sure to exhaust all options on my side before posting here.

Dxdiag says it's using the Intel integrated card

Disabling the integrated card on Windows 10 stops all video and audio.

*side note: disabling the integrated video card when I was using Windows 8.1 months ago stopped all sound, while the dedicated video card worked fine, leading me to understand the audio is dependent on the integrated video card being operational*

This renders my Windows 10 laptop 98% useless for my needs. I'm forced to use an 8 year old Windows 7 laptop instead. I've had Windows 10 for a month and a half, and still no fix.

The model is HP 15-j058ca

PinappleVQ, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Blue screen error on Windows 10 Dell Laptop

Hi Leticia,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

As a first step, I suggest you to try the disconnecting all external devices other than mouse and keyboard if you have connected any check if the same issue occurs.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it works for you.

Method 1:

Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.

Method 2:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters:
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 8, 2021
  4. What in the world is an "integrated video card" on dell laptop?

HDMI will only use the integrated video card on laptop

Dear Jessen P,

I don't think you read my complaint. You answered with a random audio fix, when just reading the title of my post,

"HDMI will only use the integrated video card on laptop",
    would have tipped you off to this being a video problem, not an audio issue.

PinappleVQ, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

What in the world is an "integrated video card" on dell laptop?

1. What in the world is an "integrated video card" on dell laptop? - Similar Threads - world integrated video

2. What is the world's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the world's: Naruto Steve Jobs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-worlds/53903adb-805d-4271-8362-a92ec060d9d8
  3. What is the world's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the world's: Naruto Steve Jobs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-worlds/53903adb-805d-4271-8362-a92ec060d9d8
  4. What is the world's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen or Video Card?: I walked out of my office and when I came back in, the bottom half of my screen is pixelated and has vertical lines running through the bottom half and the menu bar is pink. I plugged the laptop into my TV via HDMI and the picture on my TV is fine. Does this indicate my...
  6. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen or Video Card?: I walked out of my office and when I came back in, the bottom half of my screen is pixelated and has vertical lines running through the bottom half and the menu bar is pink. I plugged the laptop into my TV via HDMI and the picture on my TV is fine. Does this indicate my...
  7. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. video card in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card in my laptop: my laptop video card what gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-in-my-laptop/e99c9583-8698-4c0a-9ff4-fe7237db2e29
  9. integrated web cam on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    integrated web cam on Dell laptop: Integrated web cam was hidden in Device Manager. Not working so followed instructions to uninstall. Device Manager search does not find it to add. Cannot find any clear help as to how to re-install - help please ?...
  10. What In The World

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What In The World: [ATTACH] No idea why this flipped, but whatever. Anyways, 10 needed an update, and I shut down my laptop for it to update, turned it back on, it got to 100%. Took me to my usual startup page blah blah blah. Nothing was loading, and then, I was brought to this screen...