Windows 10: What installation disk do I buy?

Discus and support What installation disk do I buy? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I screwed up the installation of Windows when I was reseting my computer. It now just continuously reboots and won't load Windows. I tried to make a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mill3r811, May 2, 2019.

1. Mill3r811 Win User

What installation disk do I buy?

I screwed up the installation of Windows when I was reseting my computer. It now just continuously reboots and won't load Windows. I tried to make a bootable USB. I followed all directions, but my computer wouldn't recognize it. I'm not looking to just find a Windows installation disk. My computer came preloaded 6 years ago with Windows 8. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and had that ever since. What installation disk would I need? Windows 8 or Windows 10? Thank you!

:)

Mill3r811, May 2, 2019
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, May 2, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 2, 2019
  4. What installation disk do I buy?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 2, 2019
Thema:

What installation disk do I buy?

1. What installation disk do I buy? - Similar Threads - installation disk buy

2. I do not want to buy this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not want to buy this: I do not want to buy this Windows 11. Please give my money back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-to-buy-this/96eff6d9-adad-446b-a1a3-be787d7aa0d9
  3. I do not want to buy this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not want to buy this: I do not want to buy this Windows 11. Please give my money back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-to-buy-this/96eff6d9-adad-446b-a1a3-be787d7aa0d9
  4. disk/CPU is constantly maxed what do I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk/CPU is constantly maxed what do I do: When I load up my computer, it’s loads a very slowly, and then is very unresponsive when I looked at the task manager apparently it is using 100% of the disk, even though there is no running applications. I looked at resource monitor and I find things like 53,000 total bytes...
  5. disk/CPU is constantly maxed what do I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk/CPU is constantly maxed what do I do: When I load up my computer, it’s loads a very slowly, and then is very unresponsive when I looked at the task manager apparently it is using 100% of the disk, even though there is no running applications. I looked at resource monitor and I find things like 53,000 total bytes...
  6. disk/CPU is constantly maxed what do I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I'm definitely not buying it again, what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm definitely not buying it again, what to do?: Hello For example, I bought The Escapist 2 at the Playstore. But on my mobile phone. Yesterday I got a PC, Windows 10, and I found a Playstore emulator - everything is fine. But then I verified myself with the same mail I bought the game from. But it says that I will have...
  8. What kind of Windows 10 do I buy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What kind of Windows 10 do I buy?: Hello everyone, Currently I am running a non activated version of Windows 10 on my PC. My old laptop had Windows 10 but the key obviously wouldn't work for my new PC. I was thinking of purchasing Windows 10 from a third-party website but I don't know which one to buy. Would...
  9. What to buy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to buy: I had my desktop crash and have to reinstall Windows 10. I took the free upgrade from Windows 7 and I can not find the license for the operating system. Now I have to purchase Windows 10 but what should I purchase Windows10 home or pro?...
  10. Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?: I have Win 10 64bit. I was told that I need to create a bootable disk on a USB by someone in our local store. When I asked him how many GB's he said in the 20's. I did not buy it, but much later went back and a different guy said 28GB but I should get larger just in case....