Windows 10: What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)?

Discus and support What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks, I've recently been doing prep to dual boot linux on my system, backing everything up, freeing space, etc. In the process, I've noticed this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MolarFox, Jun 25, 2019.

1. MolarFox Win User

What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)?

Hi folks,
    I've recently been doing prep to dual boot linux on my system, backing everything up, freeing space, etc.

In the process, I've noticed this fairly large OEM partition on my machine simply labelled 'Image', the purpose of which I'm not 100% sure. I believe it's an image that shipped with my PC from Dell, which allows resetting the whole system to factory settings. I would really like to reclaim the space, but would prefer to backup stuff if it serves any appreciable purpose.

My questions:

• How do I delete this partition?
    • If I just create a system recovery disk, is there even any point to having it?

What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)? 7688c492-9e75-4991-9edc-619bb4f961b4?upload=true.png

This is all on a Dell laptop, Windows 10 - Home Edition.

Cheers in advance folks

:)

MolarFox, Jun 25, 2019

2. How to delete EOM Partition Image.

Good day ! I am an independent adviser here to help you!

I assume you mean OEM.

You can do this with the following steps. Do not include quotes when typing the commands:

1. press windows key + R and type "diskpart" then hit enter to open diskpart.

2. type: "list disk" to display all disks.

3. Type: "select disk X" where X stands for the drive where the partition is.

4. type "delete partition override" to remove the OEM partition then "exit" to leave.

Zackary Vanosdol, Jun 25, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 25, 2019
  4. What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)?

How to delete EOM Partition Image.

Hello TijsBeek

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, My name is Miguel T. I'm an independent Advisor

Before delete it, be aware; OEM partition is designed for system recovery or factory restore. It allows users to easily and quickly restore the system to the original state when system failure or system crash occurs. This partition usually comes with Dell,
    Lenovo or HP computer.

Delete OEM partition with Diskpart

* 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter: diskpart and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.

* 2. Type: list disk to display all the disks of your computer. Type: select disk n to identify which disk you need to work with. Here "n" stands for the disk letter.

* 3. Type: list partition to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type: select partition n to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.

* 4. Type: delete partition override to remove the OEM partition. Finally, type: exit to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition".

To get more info please follow third party web page below:

https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/delete-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this information has been useful, please let me know if you still need assistance.

Miguelonky, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)?

1. What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)? - Similar Threads - 10gb OEM 'Image'

2. how to delete partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete partitions: helloi delete my ssd hard with diskpart and get all hard as unlocated space, when i tried to create my first partition suddenly the old 3 partition show up again and can't install windows on any partition...
  3. how to delete partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete partitions: helloi delete my ssd hard with diskpart and get all hard as unlocated space, when i tried to create my first partition suddenly the old 3 partition show up again and can't install windows on any partition...
  4. how to delete partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I delete my linux partition on windows oem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete my linux partition on windows oem?: I have deleted linux through the disk manager but the space still seems to be taken up. I also want to get rid of grub bootloader. submitted by /u/jjbizarreadventure [link] [comments]...
  6. How to delete obsolete OEM partition and update difficult BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete obsolete OEM partition and update difficult BIOS: Thanks once more to everyone who helped me successfully transition my ASUS notebook and then ASUS Core i5 desktop to W10. This dual core ASUS P5G41T desktop was the next to make the successful swap to W10 (by upgrade, with most of the drivers intact), but now a couple of...
  7. How to delete obsolete OEM partition and update difficult BIOS

How to delete obsolete OEM partition and update difficult BIOS: Thanks once more to everyone who helped me successfully transition my ASUS notebook and then ASUS Core i5 desktop to W10. This dual core ASUS P5G41T desktop was the next to make the successful swap to W10 (by upgrade, with most of the drivers intact), but now a couple of...
  8. How to Merge or Delete an OEM Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Merge or Delete an OEM Partition in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have noticed in Disk Management, a part of your hard drive says Healthy (OEM partition), and occupies space in GBs, then it is normal. There is nothing to worry about except that part of storage space is not [...] This post How to Merge or Delete an...
  9. how to delete partition

how to delete partition: hi there, a virus attacked my pc few days ago, a did a clean installation today and I choose windows not to keep any file. but I partitioned my hard drive, so I realized one side was still left untouched. I was hoping the clean installation would wipe everything off my hard...
  10. How to delete EOM Partition Image.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete EOM Partition Image.: In disk management I see a EOM Partition called Image. How to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-eom-partition-image/efeb9d5c-2363-4600-9900-c3633a476c60"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 images partition delete

2. image partition

3. Images partition what is it

4. windows what is image partition remove,
  5. what is 12.94gb image partition,
  6. windows 10 oem partition 10gb